The 2022 Mini Cooper Lineup: Visual Order Guide

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GvilleGuy, Feb 9, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

My salesman sent the 2022 Visual Order guide. Attempting to share a google drive link - let me know if it does not work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r-rVLaJ7yi2sFWOV6WdkObrJOo9J_O93/view?usp=sharing

The SE highlights: EDIT: I only grabbed a few print screens showing the SE stuff below - the link above has the full guide showing all of the ICE, JCW, and SE options. (new paint options, new upholstery options)

(Wheels available on the SE have the yellow logo)
    Visual 2022 Wheels.jpg

Visual 2022 Piano Black.jpg

Visual 2022 Nappa Steering.jpg

Visual 2022 Interior Surface.jpg

Visual 2022 Exterior.jpg

Visual 2022 Exterior Rear.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Unlike the short Sport Aerial antenna shown in the press-pack photos, it appears the standard antenna remains the tall one.

So are there two sizes of silver Revolite Spoke rims--the SE one vs the pre-SE one? No 18" wheels (eg. Pulse Spoke)?

Does the Iconic trim now get the same steering wheel as the other trim levels?

4. GvilleGuy

Good catch - I didn't notice that.

I would say the 2022 version certainly helps someone go under the radar a bit more than the previous model years. Fewer 'in your face' electric indicators.

5. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

They've made that style in more than one color and size for different models IIRC.

I like the Victory Spoke in black. Might be my snow tire rims.

Considering blacking out more myself. Wonder if that boot handle would fit the 2021s. Still surprisingly upset at that grille and fog light changes.

insightman likes this.
  6. GvilleGuy

I only did print screens of the SE related pages. If you click the PDF guide link you can see the full spread for all models. There are three 18" wheel options, but none available on the SE. The iconic trim gets the Nappa steering wheel - but the version of it changes on SE, JCW, and ICE - it has a different 6 o'clock spoke logo. The non-iconic trims get the 'sport leather' steering wheel with smaller thumb grip bolstering and a plain 6 o'clock spoke.

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

This was so unbelievably helpful I cannot tell you!

My Mini Dealer called me and I brought up this forum,and because this post was right there up top, I was able to refer to it while he took my order for the 2022!!!

So freaking exciting! Island Blue, baby!

AndGuz, Texas22Step, Domenick and 4 others like this.
  9. GvilleGuy

Great! When he emailed the guide to me I was like "OMG I have to get this posted on the forum right now!". I'm so glad my urgency paid off. There are a few of us in the middle of our orders trying to make important decisions without enough information. And I finally have a profile pic that is close to what I should finally end up getting.

Texas22Step and Domenick like this.
  10. GvilleGuy

@bldxyz which wheels? I went with 17" Scissor Spokes. I like those more than the Roulettes I wanted on the 2021.

11. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I got off the phone with my dealer and he is reporting that there is this thing called the "Mini Electric Collection" (something I've seen reference to before), and that has a set of forced choices, namely (but not exhaustively):

If you want the Island Blue color OR you want the Rooftop Grey color, you cannot have the Chesterfield Grey Leather seats.

I'm not a fan of this decision, but my wife I and I do prefer the Island Blue (see my avatar?) so we're going with that mandate.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I liked the Roulettes before, and I still like them.

I also declined to get the Piano Black Exterior package, and I think the Roulette spokes play off the chrome details well.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  14. GvilleGuy

Nice! It will look great. I asked my wife to help me choose between Scissor and Roulette, and she liked the Scissor a little more than the Roulettes, as did I. So you'll have the blue chromed look and I'll have the green piano look. Any word on start of production? I still don't have that. I think you were told March, if I remember correctly.

15. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

My expectations were set about delivery in June.

When I was making the choice, my dealer was estimating a late March/early April delivery for a 2021. Or a June delivery (maybe May?) for a 2022.

I'm in this weird state of having planned to and wanted to buy and electric car since 2017 or so. I planned to get an electric in 2018 but didn't like the selection. Then I started hearing about the 2020 Mini Cooper SE and got excited, so I waited for it, even test drove one in April, and then it really looked like the Pandemic was here for a good long time and I held off.

So there are these two opposing impulses.
    • I've been waiting four years for this car!
    • I really don't drive very much due to the pandemic!
    So June should be fine. I really could take my time making decisions, but unless I wait months for some of the 2022s to be delivered so I can see certain things in pictures and in person, I'm likely to have enough information today to make the order.

Lainey, MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.
  16. GvilleGuy

Although I will be impatient, June works for me, as well. I just want the car before my son starts driving my current SUV to school in the fall.

Lainey likes this.
  17. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

So weird the Revolite Spoke "Anthracite" are not for the SE, when the Electric Revolite "Spectre Grey" were only available for the 2020/2021 SE.

insightman and GvilleGuy like this.
  18. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I'm having conversations with my dealer today as he is learning about what he can actually build. The "Mini Collection" amounts to a Special Edition, with many choices taken out of your hands.

A partial list, according to my dealer, so far:
    • Must be Signature Plus Trim
    • Must have light grey cloth/leatherette combo seats
    • Must have non-yellow version of the Power Spoke 17" Wheels (see inset within the Power Spoke Wheels above)
    • May not be able to add certain things. I'm inquiring about Moonroof and Alarm.
    I'm sure this information will get more settled as we go, but this is the latest info that I'm getting.

AndGuz and GvilleGuy like this.
  19. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Just heard: With the Mini Collection (required for Island Blue and Rooftop Grey), one cannot have a moonroof (at least not with the Multitone Roof), but may optionally add an alarm.

Both make sense. Why create an elaborately painted, unique roof like the Multitone, but then cut out 80% of it for a Moonroof? And since the Alarm is now included with Iconic Trim, it would make sense to pay extra to add it from the Signature Plus level (though they haven't previously allowed many Iconic features to be picked up on lower trim-levels).

And, now that I say that both make sense, I will also say that I am disappointed I cannot get precisely what I want. ;)

Lainey and GvilleGuy like this.
  20. insightman

I'm surprised there will be a yellow-free version of the Electric Power Spoke wheels. It's like saying this car is only sort-of electric. My overwhelming fear was scraping the Energetic Yellow band around the circumference on an undeserving, evil curb and these yellow-free wheels would prevent that event. Now that I've got other wheels, I'm planning to mount the Power Spokes only for events (we will someday have events again, I'm sure of it).

GvilleGuy likes this.
  21. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

My guess is that the yellow doesn't look good with Island Blue

Texas22Step and insightman like this.
  22. insightman

Now that you mention that possibility, I realize that I've never seen a BRG or Chili Red 2020/21 MINI Cooper SE with the Electric Power Spoke wheels. MINI wouldn't put a yellow blade or mirror caps on SEs of those colors so perhaps the yellow-clad wheels were also not allowed.

23. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

Texas22Step and Domenick like this.