Tesla specific news

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, May 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hi,

I just started following what appears to be a relatively solid source of Tesla specific news:

Bob Wilson

Frank K likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Frank K

Frank K Member

Thanks Bob,

good catch ... This was informative and balanced

4. bwilson4web

Then 24 hours later, there is a 'melt down' and lawsuit. <SIGH>

Monday will be interesting.

Bob Wilson

5. Frank K

Frank K Member

I am a bit puzzled about his strategy ... I see where he is coming from, but considering that he cannot move the Fremont factory to someplace else next month, I think he would be better served with less inflammatory negotiations.

6. bwilson4web

I've seen issues in the past between local county officials and Tesla. A slow simmer, I suspect the COVID-19 lockdown is just bringing it to a peak. But I see it as an opportunity to streamline and performance tune Tesla manufacturing.

Tesla has gone through a hard learning curve at Fremont that was greatly improved with the "tent" assembly line. They've also learned with the Model Y how to optimize the design for manufacturing. So I can see Nevada getting a boost to build out either a new assembly building or parallel structure to improve operating margins for all models, S, X, 3, and Y. For good measure, build out an advanced battery cell facility and Tesla will be set for years to come.

As for the Fremont facilities, I could see gutting it and sell it to say Lucid or other wanna-be EV makers. But I'd really like to see Tesla establish a policy of their professional staff working 2-3 days each week in a home office. With the ability to work at home, a lot of wasted commuting time goes away and given the likely duration of COVID-19, 2-3 years, an easy way to bypass the local health, lock-down, and safety officers.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.