Tesla Reaches 200 Model 3/day at the end of March

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by WadeTyhon, Mar 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. WadeTyhon

WadeTyhon Well-Known Member

https://insideevs.com/tesla-sends-memo-workers-get-model-3-production-300-per-day/

"At the time of Field’s email, Tesla was making more than 200 Model 3 sedans a day on every line, he wrote."

This was absolutely not a case at the beginning of the month, so this is great to hear that they have hit 200 units a day!

Unfortunately it is well short of their goal of 2,500. But we've expected that for a while now.

Of course, most of these produced in the last week will arrive next month. And this doesn't mean this level will be permanently sustained moving forward. After all, Tesla for a few days hit 1,000 per week production last December but really did not hit that rate again over January and February.

But it's still very positive progress from earlier this month! And I think 1,000-1,200/week can probably be a worst case scenario for April. But if things go well, production next month should be at least 1,400/week.

This also increases the chance that they hit 200,000 next quarter. So that's a negative/positive depending on how one looks at it! Negative for us buyers but positive for Tesla increasing production! :p

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. WadeTyhon

WadeTyhon Well-Known Member

I'm more concerned about X and S shutting down for a few days. They cut S/X production already last December. January and February S/X sales in Europe and the US were down quite a bit from the past 2 years. Europe especially in January. Tesla says demand is up for S/X... but new deliveries have been delayed for months.

Yet Tesla says that their production this quarter is ahead of schedule and they're shutting down production for 2 days and are hoping people come to help out with 3 production.

It seems like the wrong decision to make to me, personally... 3 production isn't going to meet their goal no matter what they do over the next 2 days.

But some good news is needed for Q1, and they're far more profitable vehicles! So soar past those S/X production goals as far as you can! Don't hit the minimum and stop!

Oh well, just my personal opinion on the matter. ;)