Tesla had Android like 51% share of US EV market in May

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by 101101, Jun 9, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/06/09/tesla-model-3-is-laps-ahead-of-other-us-plug-in-cars/

This difference should only increase expect gains for Tesla when June is out. See if Tesla can hit 75%

You'll note a 29% decrease for Bolt. Reminds me of how if not for the questionable SoftBank investment in GM (supposedly in Cruise which makes no sense) Tesla stock price would have been above GM's last week as well- just in time, another petrol industry bailout or one of its retail loss leaders, surely not a coincidence.

Further, note Model 3 outselling BMW 3 series in US has nothing to do with end of final year for current 3 series as Model 3 was production constrained. BMW will introduce another inferior ICE car which will make no difference just as it hasn't for their 7 series where it made no difference with Tesla keeping them in the rear view mirror 6 years now BMW continued to lose share globally even in Germany.

Notice also Tesla model 3 even with production constraints trouncing the Prius Prime? That is because the public doesn't want lame hybrids anymore- not even the plug in sort, where you get all the unreliability of the a gas car and the higher maintenance and have to strain the electric parts carrying around that baggage. Its almost as dumb as natural gas as a bridge fuel.

Also fun to watch the shorts lose a billion in a day guess they will lose the remaining 11 billion $$ in short float soon and Tesla's price will be above GM's again. They've already lost about 11 or 12 billion. Those betting against Tesla at this point are the stupidest shorts in history, they are betting against their own personal physical survival when they bet against Tesla, its Darwin award level, and they may be the biggest short losers in history soon if they aren't already as they will have lost on the order of 24 billion dollars shorting Tesla.
    I

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TeslaInvestors

TeslaInvestors Active Member

Haha. Another crazy post from club MuskBros! Here is your Elon Musk, selling these stupid toys to sheepies, saving the polar bears one at a time with his battery powered flame thrower.
    "If you can't save them, fry them!"
    flamethrower.jpg

4. TeslaInvestors

The "Dr" author of that fluff piece apparently is not aware of how to do some research. But then again, this fanboy may be writing for the club Muskbros. who have their heads stuck in somewhere.
    I'm sorry to tell you that BMW sales in US are steady. The sedans are just a dying segment.
    bmw_us_sales.PNG
    http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/bmw/

Moreover, the daydreams of that author (and of the sheepies of club MuskBors) is also baseless. Most of the Model 3 buyers are coming from Toyota, not BMW :)
    How could you think that BMW buyers used to premium built cars will accept the shoddy interiors of Model 3? Think about it.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/bertelschmitt/2017/03/09/the-future-tesla-model-3-buyer-drives-a-toyota-and-thats-a-huge-problem/#6b69dcae1680

"
    The Future Tesla Model 3 Buyer Drives A Toyota, And That's A Huge Problem
    Someone with a reservation for a Model 3 is twice as likely to own a Toyota as any other brand, the survey found. If there is no Toyota waiting in the garage to be displaced by a Model 3, then it’s probably a run-of-the-mill Chevrolet, or Ford. Electric car maker Nissan will be happy to hear that its customers are unlikely to have fronted $1,000 for a Model 3. Owners of BMWs, Cadillacs, or Lexus cars show likewise little interest in the baby Tesla. All this according to an internal, and confidential study conducted for a large global OEM. "

Let's revisit the predicted charts after 7 month. I am quite sure that the author of that fluff piece will be eating a crow on this one.

5. TeslaInvestors

6. Yeah, but I see a lot more Toyotas on the road. BMW looks over represented to me, but I can't easily find the figures.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. TeslaInvestors

But these are the Model 3 buyers, who are in a similar demographics that buy small BMW sedans. Lot of rich young people in Silicon valley, for example.

9. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

The onging increasingly desperate attempts by Tesla Hater Cultist trolls to find something -- anything! -- negative to say about the rapidly increasing sales of the Tesla Model 3 inspire the occasional chuckle, in that there's a lot of unintentional humor coming from these trolls, but their FUD is certainly not informative.

Who cares whether Tesla is stealing sales from Ford or Chevy or BMW or Mercedes? The point is, Tesla is stealing sales from gasmobiles, and is doing so at an ever increasing speed, year after year. Tesla Inc. is growing sales far, far faster than any other auto maker outside China.

Tesla’s global automobile sales totals:
    2012: 2650
    2013: 22,300
    2014: 31,655 (+41.95%)
    2015: 50,580 (+59.8%)
    2016: 76,230 (+50.7%)
    2017: 101,312 (+32.9%)

Early indications are that Tesla may double sales this year!

Go Tesla!