Tesla brand image and social media strategy

Discussion in 'General' started by Researcher43, Aug 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Researcher43

Researcher43 New Member

Hi,

What this is about - I’m a marketing student from Poland. If you are interested in the automotive industry and electric cars I invite you to fill out this short google forms survey: https://forms.gle/1FhfeqsLjbRgGmzX6

Additional (optional read) info:
    It will help me tremendously in completing the final chapter of my bachelor’s thesis. I wrote a quick paragraph below so that you know what the survey is about.

What differentiates Tesla from other companies in the automotive industry is its very successful use of social media to create the desired brand image. Tesla spends much less money on paid marketing than its competitors, yet Engagement on Tesla social media profiles is exceptionally high. Many customers of Tesla become brand ambassadors - they share Tesla related posts and spread the company's message. On top of that Tesla new products and innovations are often very newsworthy. This generates a lot of buzz on social media and other sites. This way Tesla doesn’t have to spend money on advertising, to be heard - this concept in marketing is called earned media. A lot of buzz is also created single-handedly by Elon Musk, who as the face of Tesla has a big influence on its brand image. Tesla has a very clear vision and mission - one could say that not only do they sell cars, but also a lifestyle. Tesla cars and news related to it also appeal to tech enthusiasts, not necessarily interested in the automotive industry in general.

The goal of the survey is to see how successful Tesla in creating the desired brand image through social media and what actions contribute to successful brand image creation the most. You don’t need to have any prior knowledge to fill out this survey. The only requirement is being interested in the automotive industry and electric vehicles.

This is not a commercial survey, it is completely anonymous and information collected will be used only in research purposes.

[​IMG]

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Done.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Your points are valid but I think Tesla buyers come by many different routes:
    • Former Prius and efficient car owners looking for the next step.
    • 'Street racers' who want to shame the usual suspects (i.e., unmuffled cars)
    • Others including anti-global warming buyers
    My first Tesla ride was when I picked my Tesla Model 3 Std Rng Plus to drive home by trading in a Prius Prime. Regardless, I look forward to the survey. Just be fair and share your survey results with us.

Bob Wilson

5. Protea

Protea New Member

Tesla is an ideal example of a brand achieving its highest success. If you ask anybody on the streets, they heard about Tesla but, a short period passed since they launched. It is one of the brand identity examples we must follow. The simple fact that they knew their exact niche and targeted it very well led them to this vast success. If you want to have better social media recognition, you don't have to invest huge money. The secret is to know who your buyers will be and who they are following.

bwilson4web likes this.
  6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Gm crushing the EV1 identified the marker … the ones GM insulted.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. From my point of view the number one thing Tesla had to do was build its own charging network. They coupled that with software that removed all the mystery of where and when to charge. Without those two things no amount of fanboyism would make the company successful.

Personally the Model 3 was hands down my favorite EV to test drive. As I’ve stated before it had other limitations that made the decision to buy a Kona the choice for me.

9. Bluettel

Bluettel New Member

Your interest in Tesla's brand image and social media strategy, even after four years, is still relevant and engaging. Tesla's unique approach to social media marketing remains a compelling topic of discussion.

10. Bluettel

Bluettel New Member

In today's digital landscape, strategies like buying cheap real Instagram followers from reputable sources have become even more prevalent. Such methods can be valuable for businesses and individuals aiming to strengthen their social media presence.
    Your research on Tesla's social media success was ahead of its time, and it's fascinating to see how they revolutionized brand promotion through social channels.