[Survey] Willingness to pay for EV charging service

Discussion in 'General' started by DarioFER, May 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DarioFER

DarioFER New Member

Dear all,

You are cordially invited to participate in a research study conducted by researchers from Miami University in the United States of America, the University of Zagreb in Croatia, Erasmus University Rotterdam in the Netherlands, and the University of Cologne in Germany.

The objective of our research study is to understand the factors that might affect how potential electric vehicle users value charging services offered by parking lots. To this end, we ask questions about three different aspects:
    1) We first ask a set of questions to understand your attitude towards risk. These initial questions use a hypothetical basketball game as the background story. No technical background and/or familiarity with basketball is assumed;

2) Next, we ask a set of questions aimed at measuring your willingness-to-pay for charging services in parking lots.

3) Finally, we ask a set of standard demographic questions;

We kindly ask you to try to answer each question as carefully as possible since our research findings depend on the quality of the obtained data. Any information that you provide will be confidential. All data will be summarized so that individuals cannot be identified from the summarized data.

The results of this survey may be published in professional journals or presented at scientific conferences, but such presentations will report only aggregated findings. If you have any questions about the survey or are interested in receiving information about our findings, you can contact Dr. Arthur Carvalho at [email protected].

LINK: https://miamioh.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2nk27aNm3jYitsp

Thank you for your participation in this study.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. IMHO the survey is terribly written, clearly just copy and paste on the questions, and especially the basketball ticket questions don't make sense to me.

The writers are definitely not EV people, and therefore I think this is one of those studies that can be used to misrepresent what EV owners really want.

4. Yeah, after I saw the first two questions, I concluded it was just a mind game, and quit the survey.

Esprit1st likes this.
  5. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

What is this survey even trying to gauge with these questions? It doesn’t make any sense.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

It seemed simple enough:
    1. Free lottery ticket -> $150 (or any value) for each "free" ticket
    2. One hour parking and charging -> $0.50 each hour
    3. 'Old age and guile will always beat youth and agility.'
    Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Yeah, I was about to stop half way through, but then I finished it. Definitely useless survey!