Sirius XM

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JohnT, Jan 21, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Didn't want it - but comes default with Touring...

Anyway to disable it/ make it not work/ remove from menu ???

HATE it when changing audio source and XM blasts out with their $@# ads.

Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

It comes standard on both Base and Touring.

When the trial expires, it will still have the radio ID and basic SXM info on Channel 0 (or is it 1?)

I'm not aware of a way to disable it as it come standard and built-in to the system.

The only possibility that I can think of is if there is a separate antenna connection on the back of the stereo for the satellite vs antenna for AM/FM. I'm assuming that both are built-in the the shark-fin on top... If there is a separate connection - unplug it?

4. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

You can "force stop" the app in the Android settings, but not disable it. Same for CarPlay if your phone is Android.

Still kind of hoping there's a catastrophic bug that makes Honda replace the whole unit with something less ancient. The car has its own GPS unit, and can connect to my phone's hotspot for data. Would be nice if I could just run Google Maps directly without Android Auto for when Garmin's map data is hilariously wrong.

5. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Put on XM before you stop the car. Then do remote precondition. Open the door and start the car right away before the dashboard animation disappears. There's a bug that prevents XM from working.

Trial are 3 moths AFAIK. After that, you will only have channel 1.

Pegsie likes this.
  6. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

I think it comes standard on just about every new car sold these days. At any rate I have had it on every car I have owned since 2005. I like not having to change channels when I am on a road trip. Also like the lack of static. Don't miss hunting for channels when out of my home area either. Sure, I could use Pandora on my phone, but that has commercials also. As another poster said, you free subscription will expire soon and you won't have to bother with it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Also, much more commercials on FM or AM. Make sure you don't tune to an FM rebroadcast either.

9. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Yea - that's the problem - trial long over and now just their horrible ads. Does the 'bug' you mention 'stick' or is it everytime you use the car?

10. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

posted this on another thread:

11. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Not if you pay, and at way less cost than what XM wants, since I can play it in the car, directly on my phone wherever I am, on my smart TV/stereo/Blu-Ray, my Amazon Echos, etc., where XM wants $20+/month to use it anywhere but the car... Of course that depends on you having a 4G signal wherever you're driving. But that's why Pandora keeps "offline stations".

12. To remove this ad click here.