Shade for my Juicebox Pro 40?

Discussion in 'Nissan' started by rosindabow, Sep 2, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. rosindabow

rosindabow New Member

Hello, I am about to install my new Juicebox Pro 40. I am installing it outside on a south-facing wall. It is in a driveway so I do not want to put a large enclosure around it. I would like a simple shade just above it to keep some of the direct sunlight off of it. I am looking for a simple little awning that I could attach to my wall and suspend above the box. Like 1’ x 2’ awning. Are there any recommendations? Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks very much,

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

Your situation is exactly the same as mine. I was pondering some kind of "shelter" for the dock but for space reasons haven't done anything. I think the designs
    of these docks are fairly robust should be able to take the heat. I may stand corrected by others with an engineering background.

4. rosindabow

rosindabow New Member

Hi Paul, thanks for posting. I couldn't imagine that I was the only person with this issue. So far I have done nothing. It seems to be fine. And of course the colder months are coming as well as the shorter days so it will just get easier. We usually only charge after midnight and they told me that charging when the sun was on it was the worst time ... At some point, I may build a small shelf above it with a little edge that will hopefully block some of the direct sunlight. The unit is in an alley so whatever is built there has to be close to the wall. I looked around for small shades but could find none - like a shade for a side door but much smaller. Anyway ... if I hear of anything else, I will post back here.
    Btw, the unit seems to be working just fine ...

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I live in Huntsville AL and our first generation Juice Box 40 Pro is mounted on a West facing wall. In the summer, I have enabled time of day charging to start at 11 PM and go to 9 AM. It has excellent temperature monitoring and protection.

Bob Wilson