Screen Freeze

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Sandroad, Jun 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

I ran a quick search for the issue I just posted about in another thread, but didn't find anything quite like what I experienced today (and I was not using XM). For about 5 minutes, the infotainment screen on the center dash froze up and was non-responsive. It eventually did some sort of complete auto-reboot starting at the "H" symbol and became functional again. When it happened, I was in the navigation menu, looking at the features available while underway in the navigation system. Anyone else experienced this?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. vicw

vicw Active Member

Yes. It seemed to be a kind of reboot while driving, soon after we started up. The car drove normally, and the speedometer speed displayed fine. It became normal again after a few minutes. One one of the, the "H" icon was low on the screen, so that only the top was visible. The driver display showed a twirling series of dots, like a PC recovery, for part of the time. It's been since 4/28 that we had that experience.

We have taken care since then to wait for the car to go completely through its startup before we shift or do anything else. We have no idea if that has made any difference, or not.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I've been lucky; nothing untoward has happened even though I punch the shift button the exact instant "Ready" displays on the Driver Information Interface.