Scheduled charging

Discussion in 'Honda' started by SammieG, May 26, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SammieG

SammieG New Member

Recently purchased a 2019 clarity, love it, but my Honda link app doesn't automatically start charging it when it's supposed to. I have it set to charge at 8pm, I woke up this morning and it's not charged.

I have to manually start the charging all the time. This is annoying, especially since I didn't last night and only have 10% this morning.

How do I fix this???

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

SammieG

The charge schedule is actually run by the in-vehicle charge system. The schedule is maintained in the cars computer system. Hondalink app is merely the gateway to change the setting(s) in the car.

Some thoughts:
    - if the charge time is set for 8 pm...and you plug it into anytime after 8 pm...the charging system will not automatically come on till the following day.
    - Double check to make sure the "off time" is properly set if you are not using the "charge till full" option.
    - charge handle seated properly into the port on the car...green light should appear when first plugged on and blink several times
    - manually check the charge schedule using the toggle on the left side of the steering wheel...scrolling through the menu on the dashboard till you get to the "gear" icon (ie) vehicle settings...hit enter and you will see option to change charge schedule.

My schedule is set up for 10 pm till 7 am. Every time I shut down the Clarity...the charge schedule appears on the dash during the shut down sequence. It displays the charge schedule accurately.

Owners manual pg 467 for manual charge schedule procedure.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  4. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

The few (OK, one) times I've had mine not charge at the set time was when the charge plug wasn't fully inserted by my wife who didn't know to check for the green light.

Agreed, check the charge time settings in the car's menu. I have the app set to notify me when I'm not plugged in and that feature has worked 100% so far.