Rivian at NY Auto Show?

Discussion in 'Rivian' started by Poorpilot, Feb 7, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Poorpilot

Poorpilot Member

Saw this on Instagram yesterday. Nothing official from Rivian and the show’s website makes no mention of Rivian, so who knows if it’s vaild or not. I’m going to try and make it if it’s true.

**edit** I can’t figure out how to attach a picture from an iPad, so I’m posting the website and the translation.

http://www.areanewyork.com/news/general-news/21546-rivian-el-veh%C3%ADculo-eléctrico-diseñado-para-la-aventura-llega-a-new-york.html

Translation:
    In addition to Rivian, NYIAS is adding other new car manufacturers to the 2019 Fair and will have more than 50 vehicle releases worldwide and in North America during the days leading up to printing.

The New York International Automobile Show welcomes the manufacturer of electric vehicles, Rivian and its long-awaited Electric Adventure Vehicles ™: the R1T truck for 5 passengers and the R1S SUV for 7 passengers. With an electric range of more than 400 miles, a wading depth of more than 3 feet, a unique lockable storage and the performance and precise control of four-engine AWD, Rivian vehicles are the ultimate platform for experiencing the adventures of life . The R1T and the R1S can reach 60 mph in 3 seconds and 100 mph in less than 7 seconds. Both vehicles will be built at Rivian's manufacturing facilities in Normal, IL.

In addition to Rivian, NYIAS is adding other new car manufacturers to the 2019 Fair and will have more than 50 vehicle releases worldwide and in North America during the days leading up to printing.

"We are launching Rivian with two vehicles that re-imagine the pickup and SUV segments," said Rivian founder and CEO RJ Scaringe. "I started Rivian to deliver products that the world did not yet have, to redefine expectations through the application of technology and innovation.We have spent years developing the technology to offer the ideal vehicle for active customers.This includes an exceptional driving dynamics in "any surface loading solution, on or off road to easily store any type of equipment, be it a surfboard or a fishing rod and, most importantly, the ability to drive long distances on a single charge "

About Rivian

Rivian is building a new type of automobile company. From a clean sheet, Rivian is developing vehicles, technology and services to inspire people to go out and explore the world in new ways. The company has development centers in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. Rivian will produce vehicles in its modern 2.6 million square foot manufacturing facility in Normal, IL. The core of Rivian's vision is a team of 700 passionate people, determined to have a positive impact on the world.

2019 Important Show Dates:

Public Show Dates, April 19 - 28

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

That picture is just a standard Rivian publicity photo/render for the R1S. It's been posted in older Rivian threads on the InsideEVs Forum, but here it is again:

[​IMG]

Go Rivian!

4. Poorpilot

Poorpilot Member

Yeah, I know that one is straight from the Rivian website, but I had taken a screenshot of the Instagram picture and couldn't attach it to my thread. It basically said, "See you at NYIAS 2019!" with the picture you attached.

5. Poorpilot

Poorpilot Member

Confirmed via Facebook and Twitter. Rivian at the NY Auto show!