Rearview Mirror Adjustment

Discussion in 'Honda' started by GHTech, Jan 12, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GHTech

GHTech Member

Hi!

I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the angle of the rearview mirror? I am 6" 2" and when I sit comfortably, and adjust the rearview mirror, I cannot see the top part of the rear window. If I lower my seat a bit, I am fine. But, this is not ideal.

Regards,

GHTech

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

This confuses me...the mirror can be grabbed and articulated into any position you like....maybe I’m misunderstanding what the problem is? Please explain further.

4. GHTech

GHTech Member

Hi!

Sorry about the confusion. I have angled it as far as it will go. Even at the highest angle, I cannot see the top part of the rear window, unless I lower the seat or hunch down.

Regards,

GHTech

5. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

There is a glare reduction feature with a flip lever in the center-bottom of the mirror - perhaps it's flipped the wrong way?

Sent using Inside EVs mobile app

6. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Just checked mine...it rotates so high it touches the windshield and points directly at the back of the dome light completely erasing the rear window by moving the mirror too high. See pics below. I’m 6’1”. Surely yours is capable of the same. There are 2 articulating ball joints on the back of all mirrors. Grab it wih both hands and pull it upwards toward the roof...make sure you’re using both ball joints and not just reaching the limits of one of the 2 ball joints.

As a tall person this is the first thing I do when I get into any car I willl be driving regularly...they are ALL mounted way to low for me, so I grab with 2 hands and while keeping it facing the back window I shove that mirror up toward the roof as high as possible, making sure both ball joints articulate, primarily to get it out of the center of the dang windshield because it hampers my FORWARD visibility. I assumed all tall drivers did the same lol...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    ClarityDoc likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GHTech

GHTech Member

Perfect. Thank you. I was trying with one hand, and did not want to force it. But, it moved easily with both hands.