Rear Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Carro con enchufe, Jul 9, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

Hi all,

I have a toddler who is now old enough not to mash food into every crevice of the car. But I have a newborn arriving soon. Does anyone have suggestions for rear seat protectors so that the back seat of my base model does not turn into a thick mash of pureed fruit? Thanks in advance.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

The Honda OEM rear seat covers look like they fit and look great but are a little pricey and don’t come on and off easily.
    Glad my “baby” is 25 and fledged so no worries for me. When the grandchildren show up (hopefully) I’ll get the Honda rear seat cover and keep it on till they are grown.

WeatherTech has one for $130 that looks like it comes on and off easily:
    https://www.weathertech.com/honda/2018/clarity-plug-in-hybrid/seat-protectors/

And here is Honda’s multi-piece form fitting one for $180 at College Hills Honda:
    https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08P32-TRV-100.html

Good luck and heaven help you if you’ve got the beige like me.

4. ace base

ace base Member

I have a toddler who makes huge mess, the OEM rear seat cover is excellent. I had bought one from Amazon then returned it.

I got the OEM rear seat covers by asking the dealer politely to add it for free after signing purchase, which was installed a week later. He agreed, as the only thing I asked him in the store was if he could offer better price than email quote (I did not get better price than here). He declined and I didn't make a fuss, which surprised him I guess.

5. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

We use the Weathertech listed above by Ken in our other vehicle and it’s excellent; puréed fruit proof.

In our Clarity we use a cover “leftover” from another vehicle that also works well from Orvis. It’s more comfortable to sit on because it’s quilted, but it will be harder to clean up the squished stuff

http://www.orvis.com/p/quilted-microfiber-backseat-protector/2ecn

6. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

Thanks, I think I’ll try the OEM covers to preserve access to the bottle holder my daughter has gotten used to

9. GV Ottawa

GV Ottawa Member

I have been very happy with the OEM seat covers that I bought. A fairly thick neoprene that will protect things very well (I bought them for shuttling our black lab to/from the vet and local dog parks). They were installed by the dealer before I picked them up. I took them off last night for the first time and it may be a bit challenging to get them back on!! You clearly need to flip down both seats to install them. There are several pieces with lots of velcro tabs to hold things in place. But I'm sure that after a few installations it will get easier. Highly Recommend them!

10. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

Why that specific dealership?
    Any US dealer should be able to sell OEM covers for the same $180, am I wrong?
    Here in Canada the price is 446 CAD = $319 USD, not ready to pay that much.

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

@KentuckyKen chose the online source that more often than not offers the best prices for Honda parts and accessories. College Hills Honda is also very helpful by providing good information about the products they sell.

Everyone who has purchased those rear seat covers says they're worth the money (admittedly less money than Canadian prices), so whether they're worth that much depends on what level of jeopardy your rear seats are facing. It doesn't take much rear seat damage to equal the $446 cost of the covers.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Alex800st likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Dealers are free to set parts and accessory prices. My local dealer will not offer discounts off of MSRP for any parts or accessories for any of my Honda’s. So I order from College Hills Honda, Majestic Honda, and Amazon.