Questions about the mini connected app

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Luis Abreu, Jul 4, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Luis Abreu

Luis Abreu Member

Hello guys.

A couple of questions about the mini connected app:
    1. Is there a way to set the temperature for the climatize option? I haven't found any option for setting it...will it assume the current temperature of the AC before charging?
    2. According to the docs, the time window for charging might not be respected. Is there a way to make the car respect it? Btw, do you guys know if it at least respects the departure time? Or will it always change the times in order to achieve 100% charge?
    thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

When I can't find an answer about the MINI Electric, I look for similar questions on BMW i3 forums. The originator of this thread speculates that you cannot set the preconditioning temperature (this is also the case with my Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid); the car decides how warm or how cold to make the cabin temperature. The esteemed @Tom Moloughney has a good Inside EVs article "How Preconditioning Works," where he interviews a BMW engineer. I didn't see any information about setting the temperature there, however.

The engineer interviewed in Tom's article discusses problems achieving 100% charge when preconditioning while charging on a Level 1 EVSE--at least when preconditioning in cold weather:

> When preconditioning using a Level 1 charger, the car will always be below 100%.
    > It could be about 80% or lower. (Because it uses more energy than the 120v source
    > can provide.) When using a Level 2 charger, the SOC could be slightly under 100%
    > as the vehicle electrical load stays somewhat constant while the charger will switch
    > off and on.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Luis Abreu likes this.