Phone noise

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Flower, Aug 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Flower

Flower New Member

anyone have issues when talking with someone who is on cell phone? They hear noise which makes it difficult to converse with you driving in clarity?
    Honda tech says it's a problem but does not have a fix. I live in a hands-free state.
    I drive a touring.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

ClarityDoc likes this.
  4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

First try rebooting the head unit by holding down the audio power button on upper left until you get the reboot screen. It’s worth a shot. If it persists you’ll have to make it a warranty issue as @insightman linked.

5. descolado

descolado Member

Thanks for posting this.

I consistently get feedback from my wife about the poor call quality and background noise of my BT and for a while assumed it was just my phone. I've done the reboot thing a few times but no improvement in call quality.

Will take it into the shop and see what my options are with the warranty replacement.

6. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

We had that problem and rebooting the head unit made it go away. It hasn't returned in six months.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dave Ferrell

Dave Ferrell Member

Someone already gave you the link to my prior post about this but for additional info the head unit was replaced a month ago and that solved the problem. To prove to the dealer that it was the car not my phone I had to get them to pair my phone to another Clarity then go drive it and place a call. When they saw that it was fine in another car they agreed that it was my cars bluetooth controller that was the issue. Expensive part but it did fix the issue so far.

9. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

I guess technically you could have had them pair your phone to any other car on the lot, not just another Clarity. But whatever gets the end result you need is all that matters. I do find it interesting that we seem to have had the same symptoms but I didn't need anything replaced. I wonder if you really did need a new unit.

10. Dave Ferrell

Dave Ferrell Member

I tried the reboot method before going to the replacement route and it didn't solver the problem. Replacing the head unit did the trick so the tech thinks it was a bad Bluetooth controller.