Perhaps a Pike's Peak article or review?

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Aug 30, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hi,

The two streaming casts I caught were disorganized to the point of too confusing to watch. At least one of the post race YouTubes, Randy Post, is worth while but did not show the checkered flags:

Here is a screen shot of one streaming cast:
    pikes_peak_2020.jpg
    The two Model 3s made it within 2 seconds of each other.

I would pay a fair price to see an understandable version of the Pike's Peak climb. It would take a large number of video cameras, bandwidth, and video model to solve the problems.

It is probably too late to collect the confusing sources and try to make sense. But I'm going to suggest someone with video animation skills could probably make a compelling video using the audio call-outs of the times of the three legs in the climb.

UPDATE:
    Here are the results:
    http://livetiming.net/ppihc/

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

There were lots of problems. A long delay to clear the ice at the top. Some video feeds weren't working well. And finally when the cars started running, we had company drop by unexpected. By the time I got back to it, the Teslas had already completed their runs, and I wasn't that interested in the remaining cars.

I am hoping that we get an article from Kyle that describes the event, and maybe in-car video of the entire run from one or both cars.

bwilson4web likes this.