Panel gap issues :-(

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Rob_v1, Feb 7, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rob_v1

Rob_v1 Member

Arrived at dealer to pick Clarity Touring to find the fit around right front fender is really poor. Worse than any other car on the lot. Where was QC at the factory? I’m pretty bummed. Don’t know if it’s fixable, and they’re trying to decide what to do.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

Look at it to make sure there is no damage to the fender, otherwise I imagine they can adjust it? Do you have a picture?

The Clarity has pretty complex lines that make panel gap issues very apparent, I would want it fixed too if it is noticeable.

Eric

4. Rob_v1

Rob_v1 Member

They’re sending it to the body shop. Might be finished tonight. Maybe was a friday afternoon car?

5. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that. Our Clarity's fit and finish is the best I've seen in any of my new cars and better than the 2018 Accords on the dealer lot.

A friend of mine who once worked at a Honda dealership told me one of the best kept secrets in the car business is that a lot of cars are delivered with body damage. Most of the time, it's just scratches that are buffed out but dents and dings are not uncommon. That's why you should always ask your dealer to recommend the body shop they use should you need one. They will always recommend one whose work is up to new car standards because that's a requirement for them.

6. Rob_v1

Rob_v1 Member

Got a text this afternoon that it was sorted out. The panel fit looks good now, and I very much like the silver color with the black interior. Really enjoyed the drive home. It's in the garage hooked up to the charger. And my wife loves it, too!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

That’s the color combo we went with too. My wife actually would have preferred the white exterior with the black interior, but only beige is available. We actually like gray interiors, but that’s not available for the Clarity.

9. Fidzio

Fidzio Member

Funny about the colour combos - in Canada you can't get a white exterior with a beige interior - only a black interior. Maybe you should move north :)
    As I wrote in the Canadian Clarity Eh! thread:
    Base model: "Platinum white pearl" or "Modern steel metallic" with black cloth interior
    Touring model: Same colours as base model with black leather interior or "Moonlit Forest Pearl" (very dark green) or "Crimson Pearl" with beige leather interior.

I went for the very dark green with beige interior. I also liked the "Crimson Pearl" but my "management" objected as we've had too many red cars over the years :)