One year anniversary

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bulls96, Sep 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bulls96

bulls96 Member

Just celebrated my one year of ownership of this great car.

Wonder who of you went to Tesla for their annual checkup.

I'm thinking of just doing a tire rotation at our Discount Tires (the only one that services teslas in my area)

The nearest Tesla service area is about 1.5 hrs away and it's hard to squeeze a back and forth trip in my daily life with 2 small kids.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

How many miles?

I'm at 12,611 since March 26 but I'm hesitant to rotate the tires. Owning Prius, my practice has been to run the drive tires down to the wear bars. Then buy two new and move the non-drive wheels to the drive. The reasons:
    • drive tire wear pattern - this tells more about toe and camber than any alignment machine. The only thing better is to measure tread temperatures.
    • non drive, tire wear pattern - like the drive wheel tire wear, tells us how the toe and camber are working out.
    • replace just two tires - typically the rear tires wear out first so the other tires get another 5-10,000 miles of use.
    Bob Wilson

Re-Volted likes this.
  4. bulls96

bulls96 Member

I'm at 16,000.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

If they haven't been rotated, could you measure the tread depth on each tire? If you don't have a tool, the auto parts stores usually have a cheap gauge.

The reason I ask is I'll go out when it gets a little cooler and measure mine. The goal is to see if we're seeing similar wear patterns.

Bob Wilson