Odometer Not updating in Honda Link

Discussion in 'Honda' started by BobS, Jun 2, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. BobS

BobS Active Member

It has been several months since the odometer reading on Honda Link has updated. I tried re-booting the tablet but no change.

I'm not concerned . but curious what could be causing the issue.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Savido

Savido New Member

My odometer wasn’t updating and I called Honda. A tech walked me through a process of reconnecting the HondaLink App with the car while not connected to WiFi. We turned the WiFi off on my device. We closed the HondaLink App. We turned the car off. We turned the car on, then opened HondaLink. The odometer on HondaLink updated. After reconnecting HondaLink, we turned back on the WiFi on my device.

Apparently, WiFi can interfere with the mileage updating. This worked for a few months and then it stopped updating again. Everything else on the App works fine and I don’t worry about it now. I do not need accurate odometer readings at a distance. I just wanted to make sure the App was workin properly.

Hope this helps.

dGarry48 likes this.
  4. BobS

BobS Active Member

That helps a lot, I think I will just not worry about it if it does not affect anything else.

Thank you

5. fmolsAA

fmolsAA New Member

I am going to put the amplifier and the sub, the head unit is already installed, please suggest a good converter that will cut and preferably together with the setting. And does the sound quality change much? I haven’t met people using it yet, so I didn’t see it at work, read article. It is too expensive to put another head unit, because you will need to put 2din, and the price is very high, the usual processor does not look natural and beautiful even with a frame. I need your advice.

6. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

I have the opposite problem and it started last week. It had been fine for one year. I can get odometer updates but nothing else. I called Hondalink support and they guy said it was probably my phone or the app. Both me and my wife have iPhones and both of us can't get charging updates or send any remote commands. I've tried logging out and logging back in as well as deleting the app and reinstalling it but it was still the same. The support guy said to try an Android phone. Has anyone else had this issue?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Clarity850

Clarity850 New Member

Enable mobile phone Bluetooth, connect the phone as cars' bluetooth device, the odometer will be updated.
    But disconnect bluetooth, the HondaLink app won't update odometer again.

9. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

Per my experience, it only updates when your phone is connected over bluetooth

Lauretta Pham likes this.
  10. This worked for me once I had the same issue.
    Thanks!!

Lauretta Pham likes this.
  11. JamesW1988

JamesW1988 New Member

Check that no other devices are connected to the phone via Bluetooth

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. JamesW1988

JamesW1988 New Member

It worked for me.

14. NathanXtra

NathanXtra New Member

You can try getting used double dine head unit. I see many sales are going on eBay and seen some on the Walmart as well. Also, can you please let me know which size subwoofer you are using? a 10 inch? As I see you've linked to a resource in your comment. I am using two 10 inch subwoofers in my car and now thinking to upgrade to 12 inch subwoofers. I'll see if I could find something good within my budget.

15. NathanXtra

NathanXtra New Member

This double din guide is awesome as it features top 10 best & latest picks that you can grab within a normal budget range. Suggest you to have a look.

16. Lauretta Pham

Lauretta Pham New Member

MBT Electrical Equipment JSC offers a wide range of dry type transformer and oil immersed transformer, sealed type transformer for solar energy applications and components, replacement parts, and services. With the amorphous transformer, distribution transformer, oil immersed transformer, power transformer manufacturing basis and strict quality control process, MBT can supply and manufacture top quality transformer in Vietnam and the world.

Whether you need transformers, three phase transformer, three phase amorphous transformer, sealed type transformer, open type transformer, solar transformer, RMU cabinnet for AC or DC voltages, 50-60 Hz and IEC or IEEE standards, MBT transformer company technologies and innovations can increase solar reliability while reducing impact environment and reducing life cycle costs.

MBT solar transformer are designed for installation in all environmental conditions. Generation units are custom designed to meet all applicable standards, regulations, and customer specifications. Oil immersed transformer and dry type transformer are rated for their solar generating capacity and array voltage level, meeting all applicable standards and regulations in force and energy efficiency. Oil filled transformer, power transformer rating can be manufactured and tested with mineral oil or liquid ester (natural or synthetic).

We design, manufacture, and supply all kinds of electrical cabinet, types of transformer, transformer materials, transformer oil with a dedicated project manager and a 24-month guarantee from dispatch.

With the business motto: "A satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all," and over 11 years of experience in transformer design and Transformer supplier. We, MBT, are confident of being the best Transformer manufacturer in Vietnam.

If you want a transformer price, vietnam transformer Contact immediately +84 913 006 538 or email: [email protected] for a free consultation and support and receive the most preferential quotation.

17. dGarry48

dGarry48 Member

Hope this works on uncle's new Honda Link. The previous owner mentioned it was fixed by the dealer but stopped working again after a month. We'll just finish installing the bumpers and smittybilt rack on the Wrangler today before we can try that process.