OBD2 Port

Discussion in 'Honda' started by Heino, Sep 3, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Heino

Heino Active Member

I just ordered an Owl Cam for my Clarity, which uses the OBD2 port for power... Does anyone know the location of this port?

I don't recall finding this information in any documentation I have read.

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

The ODBII connectors are always located on the driver's side under the dash. If you get your head down there it should be obvious. My wife just drove away with the car or I would have taken a photo for you.

4. Heino

Heino Active Member

Thanks.. I briefly looked the other day, but saw an airbag. I'll have another look.

5. DVoran

DVoran Member

It’s right next to the door under the dash under the button to open the electricity hatch. I’ve been using the Owl cam for about a month now and have to say am more than pleased with it. Installation took about 5 minutes with more than half the time using the tool to push the wire between the dash and the window. Only problem I see so far is the 60 minutes a month limitation on live views. Watched the Honda technician as he fiddled around doing the 6,000 mile recommended checkup and oil change and quickly burned up my free 60 minutes. Had to purchase another 60 minutes of roll-over time for $4.95 to finish monitoring what they were doing. Look at it as a security camera for the car.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

Johnhaydev likes this.
  6. Heino

Heino Active Member

Yeah, I found the OBD2 port. Gonna get the cam installed soon.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. DVoran

DVoran Member

Watch the video ihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=m8Ab8Wu2WWo and then install it. It really was the most simple and well thought out product I've purchased in a long time. I used my tablet and followed the video each step of the way pausing the video when needed.

9. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

For future reference here is a photo of the ODBII connector on the Clarity. In the photo there is a fuse chart shown which is on the left side, under the dash. From that perspective you can see where the ODBII connector is located.
    [​IMG]

Since I was there, with the camera in hand, I also took a photo of the fuse chart.
    [​IMG]

And the fuse panel
    [​IMG]

Daniel M W and Johnhaydev like this.