OBD-II Adapter and/or iOS App that's useful with Clarity?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by M.M., May 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. M.M.

M.M. Active Member

I kept intending to buy one of those wifi or bluetooth OBD-II dongles and an app to mess with it on previous vehicles but never got around to it. Having just learned that there is, in fact, an OBD-II port on the Clarity, I'm now wondering if anyone has actually tried hooking something up.

I'd be much more interested in things like high voltage pack raw current numbers or state-of-charge readings than just reading error codes, but I have no idea if that data is available via the OBD-II interface, and even if it is whether any of the available apps can read and display it in a usable form.

So... anybody tried this yet? There are about a million dongles ranging from $20 to $100 on Amazon, and I assume they all do more or less the same thing in varying degrees of quality and overprice, and a bunch of apps, which it seems like the right one might be able to display some interesting technical data.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bfd

bfd Active Member

ScanGauge II - but no app. It's hardwired to the OBD-II port. One thing to look for is support for Honda/Acura hybrid codes. Most of these devices were designed for gas vehicles. I've had mine hooked up on occasion, but some of the things I want like RPM (since that'd tell me when the ICE is on) aren't available - or I haven't coded them in correctly.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I’ve not been able to find any apps for these that have Honda PHEV or even hybrid codes. If you find one please post. I really want one.

onix and Johnhaydev like this.
  5. AnthonyW

AnthonyW Well-Known Member

I have a ScanTool OBDLink MX Bluetooth that I purchased for a previous car. Not a lot of ground breaking data and nothing Honda specific. I too am looking for something deeper but have yet to find it. See the attached data dump from my drive a few weeks ago. This website won't let me upload an excel file, so I had to convert it to text. If you download the file and open with Excel it opens in a nice, easily readable format.

Attached Files:

6. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Was trying to see what it would say after a Plug-In Charger system failure. It went away after a restart, but engine light stayed.

OBDCarDoctor with a cheapo WiFi adapter, gave me code POD3D.

7. To remove this ad click here.