New Tesla S borrows designs from the ... Clarity???

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Carro con enchufe, Aug 9, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

[​IMG] A number of designs that are supposedly ugly features of the Clarity are winding up into the new Model S, and, unlike critics of the Clarity, they’re drooling... front skirts, hockey led lights, non smooth metal coverings similar to the Clarity!

ClarityDoc and pinrut like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

I guess these features are aerodynamic, so everyone is using them.
    Critic on Tesla? You will be flooded by Musk fans....

DaleL likes this.
  4. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

That does look sharp. Then again, the Model S will cost at least three times as much after factoring incentives.

5. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

I’m not criticizing Tesla. I’m just noticing similar design to our Clarity’s

6. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

But that render isn't a Tesla design. It's just a redesign for the Model S imagined by some outsider. With all those useless added folds and cut-outs, it's a very impractical redesign. People designing artists' concepts, and even to some extent concept cars, don't have to worry about cost and difficulty of manufacturing. But auto makers mass producing cars to sell in the highly competitive new car market are constrained in very real ways by the cost of manufacturing.

That said, the front view of this concept does look very nice... but the side view sucks. It would suck somewhat less if those ridiculous over-the-top wheel rims were toned down, but that wouldn't help the way this "designer" -- and I use the term loosely -- has ruined the elegant lines of the Model S by adding on a bunch of details to clutter it up. Definitely gilding the lily!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Tesla Model S blue.jpg

The real thing: Ah, that's much better!
    :)