New form for PHEVs coming at MyMPG on fuel economy.gov

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by KentuckyKen, Feb 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I found out about this site from a post on this forum and went there to use it but there is no provision for electric cars only gas making it of little use for the Clarity. Wrote them and got this back the next day. Maybe if enough of us email, they will bring it out sooner.

Dear Mr. Westberry,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are currently planning an update for My MPG to better accommodate plug-in vehicles. It should be available this year but there is no specific date set for that yet. This is something that is overdue so I hope we are able to get something out soon. We appreciate your feedback and your interest in our website.

www.fueleconomy.gov

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 12:58 AM
    To: FuelEconomy <[email protected]>
    Subject: [Fueleconomy] Suggest you add a form for BEV/PHEV to include kWh purchased

Dear Sir/Madame,
    I would very much like to use your web site to track my mileage and to participate in helping you collect real world data. However I can do neither because my vehicle is a Honda Clarity which is a plug in hybrid electric vehicle. Unfortunately, your form has no place to record kWhs purchased.
    Please update or add a form for those of us with electric vehicles as soon as you can.
    I suggest you add columns for kWhs, and cost per kWh. Also columns and calculations to compute mpg-e and total mpg using the same methods on the EPA Fuel Economy Estimates. This would be a great resource for both owners and the government as there is much confusion and conflicting information in the public arena as to how to do this.
    Thank you for your consideration of this request.
    Please know that the information you generate and provide on new car stickers greatly helped me to make an informed decision when I purchased my car and that I am very grateful for it. Keep up the good work.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.