My only issue with my Kona: The flying bridge against my knee

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by TheLight75, Jun 20, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

Two weeks in, and I'm definitely loving my Kona and really enjoying the shift over to an EV. This car is a lot of fun :)

That said, the one issue that's been bugging me is that my right knee gets sore quickly from resting against the hard plastic of the flying bridge (I'm 6' tall).

Thankfully, today, I came up with a simple solution that resolves this issue entirely: I attached a leather & foam keyboard wrist rest to the side of the bridge with foam tape. This provides a VERY comfortable ride for my knee :).

I'm putting this out there in case anyone else has the same issue with their knee. I'm going to see if I can find a gray leather dye that is close to the Kona's pebble blue interior to help it really blend in.

Kona-Leg-Saver.jpg

This is the one I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0732XLXJQ/

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. If I had just seen a photo of the vehicle with that in place I probably wouldn’t have even noticed it was something added on.

4. Brennan Raposo

Brennan Raposo Well-Known Member

That’s amazing!
    I noticed this on my drive home from the dealership after buying it! It drove me nuts but I think the skin in my knees has roughened up lol!

That being said, I’ve been looking for knee pads specific to cars on amazon but never thought of that! Brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLight75 likes this.