Motels, etc. with chargers

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by solarjk, Oct 31, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I just finished a 1200 mile trip in New England, New Brunswick, and Quebec. I am happy but surprised that KIA even bought the Niro to the US, when gas is $ 4.38 a gallon and fast charging is $ .21 a Kwh in Quebec I think home charging off peak is something like $ .06 a Kwh.

Anyway, It is a big advantage to start out the day with a full battery, as I did when I left home, or left a friends house. So is there a data base of motels the offer Level 2
    chargers?

Even 120 outlets can be helpful overnight.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Robert Lewis

Robert Lewis Member

Plugshare is probably the most comprehensive database of both commercial and private charging stations that I'm aware of. It's available via web (www.plugshare.com) and has apps - Android for sure, probably Apple but I don't have an Iphone so I haven't confirmed that.

4. Canada's e change network's app had directions which linked to a mapping app which is displayed along with google maps which I had my final destination entered into. So I could hop back and forth, which was helpful.

Used plugshare, but in a big city, there're too many laces to look at each one.

5. Here are a couple of photos img1082 is a new charge point station in Augusta, ME, junction of 295/95 in a rest stop. It had come online the day before, funded in part by diesel gate money. Other is just outside quebec city 4 high speed charged. The best photo that I did not take is a tesla supercharger in New Brunswick with seven of eight chargers ICED, but the CCS on the other side was open.

Attached Files:

6. Francois

Francois Active Member

If you are on a bi-energy plan, you can get as low as $. 04 a kw. Makes driving a EV very inexpensive in Quebec. Outside of the high price of the car itself of course. :)

7. To remove this ad click here.