Model 3 tinting video shows misalignment

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Domenick, Oct 20, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. First Red Tesla Model 3 With Tinted Windows – Video

InsideEVs published a post featuring video from OCDetailing showing off their tint job on a red Model 3. @Kdawg took the time to check it out closely and posted this frame, which appears to show some trim misalignment and, well, not even sure what's going on with that window. Maybe it's an optical illusion?

Tesla Model 3 door alignment.jpg
    Overall, I thought the panel gaps were within acceptable limits, but I expect my new car to be pretty perfect.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tim Miser

Tim Miser New Member

Wow, that tree was sure badly trimmed. (No way could it be the M3!)

4. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Aren't panel misalignments of up to 2-3 millimeters usual and expected on any car that's actually mass produced? I suppose for cars which are partially hand-assembled, like a Rolls-Royce or a Ferrari, that would be unacceptable. I have to believe that those who think such almost imperceptible misalignments are somehow unusual, have formed their impressions of cars from modern car commercials, all of which use CGI (computer render) images rather than real cars, so they can portray them as impossibly perfect, without the inevitable nearly microscopic flaws which real cars have.

For those who really are that OCD about perfect panel alignment, grain-of-sand sized bumps in the paint, and the like, there is OCDetailing to solve their problems... for a price!