Member location now visible if entered in profile

Discussion in 'General' started by Domenick, Jan 16, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hi all.

If you entered your location in your user profile, it is now visible to other members.

We recently had a member ask if we could have our member's location made visible. Since we have members from all over the world and there can be many differences in vehicles delivered to different markets, not to mention different laws, we thought this was a good idea.

We do, of course, understand that not everyone will like having their location displayed. We suggest several options to deal with that: click on your user name at the top right of your screen and then click on "personal details". Scroll down a bit. You can remove location information altogether and leave that field blank. Or, you can just leave it as a general area like "United States" or "Kentucky, U.S.A." or, if you like, more specific like "Tallahassee, Florida."

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about this change. Thanks to all for helping make InsideEVs a great and informative community.

electriceddy and R P like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It takes a lot of the guesswork out, I like it.

Domenick likes this.
  4. That's super-helpful.

Domenick likes this.
  5. Thanks, @KiwiME. Though, I have to say, I always suspected you were in New Zealand for some reason. :D

electriceddy likes this.
  6. Definitely helpful. Now I will know if responses need metric or english measurements.

bwilson4web and Domenick like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.