Kia Niro EV First Road Trip And DC Fast Charge

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by jayc1358, May 20, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jayc1358

jayc1358 Member

*** Please excuse the pollen all over my car. It has been really bad this year***

Took a road trip on a hot day in New Jersey. First leg was about 75 Miles on Highway and Local roads and the way back was about 85 miles and all highway.
    Efficiency was great and ended with 4.2 miles per Kwh on the way out and the on the way home and highway was about 3.4 mi/Kwh.
    I had the AC on the entire time as it was 86 Fahrenheit. It only reduced range by about 3 miles.
    I purposely did not charge the night before so that I could try out an EvGo DC Fast Charger a couple miles from my destination.
    It was myself, my 2 teenagers and my dog.
    I was very happy with the efficiency and comfort of the car. The air conditioning was cold and did not impact range very much.
    Seats are really comfortable and I have plenty of room at 6' 1"
    Adaptive cruise control worked really well and stopped the car when it needed to at lights.
    The lane keep assist was great at keeping the car in lane and did not ping pong back and forth from lane to lane.
    One of the reasons I wanted the Niro EV was to do this trip which I do several times a year. I want to be able to do it on 1 charge. After finally getting to do it, I have no worries that I am able to if I were to start at a 100% charge.

2. To remove this ad click here.