Key fob not working to roll down windows

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by stacey burke, Jun 3, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

I have used the double press on the key fob to roll down my window for over a year on my Touring. Yesterday, for the first time did not work. Does anyone know how to reset this feature? I have searched on Google and went to the online menu but no luck also tried to go through all menus on the car. Anyone know how to reset the option???

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

The double press (I use it too) may use quite a bit of battery power from the FOB. I suggest changing the FOB battery and see if that works. Others on here have had luck with disconnecting the 12V battery for a few minutes to completely reset the car. However, I would do that only as a last resort, after changing the FOB battery and continuing your search for a single function reset.

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Mine rolls down the windows from 150 ft away but only if I hold the button down on the second push instead of just a push and release. I just wish it would let me roll them back up.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

There are too many personal injury lawyers around just waiting for a problem that could cause. At least you can use the key to roll up the windows if you don't want to open the door and turn on your Clarity.

6. aaronj1159

aaronj1159 New Member

There should be some data out there then, other cars do it.

I park outside and had become accustomed to glancing at the car and remotely closing my windows (in the rare case of forgetting to roll them up when parking) if I see a storm rolling in with my Fusion. It's a relatively minor absence as far as features go on the Clarity, I'll admit.

7. To remove this ad click here.