JuiceBox Next Generation 40

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Paul Rummler, Apr 22, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Paul Rummler

Paul Rummler New Member

Just leased a Kona and purchased a JuiceBox 40 then started to wonder if this is too much charger or if it will only supply what the Kona will take. Should I have purchased the 32amp?
    Thank you, Paul

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. You cannot buy a to big of a charger. It will work and you're fine. However, the Kona might not be able to utilize the full potential of the charger. But if you're planning on staying electric in the future you are future proof and will not have to buy another (bigger) charger at some point.

4. zoominbc

zoominbc Active Member

I've had a Juicebox 40 for just over a year and can confirm it works really well. The app is good and charging is easy. You can even lower the charge rate below 30A if you want. I think you will find it a pleasure to use.

5. Stickyman

Stickyman New Member

I have the older 32a and so far so good. It is installed outside so I have black tape over the lights. They are bright.

6. Paul Rummler

Paul Rummler New Member

Thank you, JuiceBox 40 is installed now I just need to run the battery down so I can plug it in.

Dakota Cole and Esprit1st like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. +1. I bought a 40A EVSE two cars back for a Chevy Volt that had a 3.2 kW (15A) charger.

Esprit1st likes this.