I-Pace is more compliance crap

Discussion in 'Jaguar' started by 101101, Mar 2, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Yes its true that the i-Pace has some good claimed numbers but you can see the tell tale signs that its more designed to fail compliance crap. Look at the back end. Its like they could have sawed off a last generation vaudevillian circus like, clown like *** end (kind of stuff that makes station wagons ugly cubed) off a last generation Leaf and grafted it on to a conventional looking not even that aerodynamic Jaguar SUV. They they called it PACE which indicates "pace-maker' and pace yourself grand pa this is going to be a marathon or really they called it slow subconsciously. Then there is the "i" which is outdated cliche cringe worthy marketing. Might have well called it the Chevy No-Go. And this is Tata, its not Jaguar anymore, so there is that hill to climb.

Tesla doesn't make compliance cars and neither do the other pure electric makes. Nio and Rimac don't make compliance ****.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Also beyond grafting on the old Leaf's back end and giving it bad branding and naming, they have a bunch of junk sticking up between the two sets of strut pillars indicating that its a hybrid without the gas component, its using the recycled petrol parts bin. That's not serious. Serious is a flat skate with none of the stuff designed to break under the petrol regimes.

4. Rob R

Rob R New Member

Noting these comments go back to early March, author please watch Fully Charged review, then hang your head in shame.

Domenick and Cypress like this.
  5. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

There is no shame. They have some styling and marketing issues and it looks like they are recycling some legacy tech.
    None of those are terminal issues. But how much does Tata really stand behind them? Glad to see it, but they might want to tone down the
    hype a bit, their legacy history is not an advantage but a serious draw back.