HV Miles Estimate 3x Acutal?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tyler, Oct 10, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Hi guys/gals,

I've had my clarity for about 4 months and 8k miles now, and the HV estimate seems to be quite a bit off. I've started tracking it, odometer miles travelled vs estimated HV miles, and the estimate seems to be about 3x higher than actual miles remaining.

I read on here that there is a fix from Honda for really high HV miles estimates, but after calling their service center, they say they don't have a fix like that for my VIN.

Does this sound like something Honda has fixed in the past, or is this normal for the Clarity?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

Tyler

Issue discussed in several threads ad nauseum. The link below is to a thread that lists the Service Bulletins (SB) which details several issues including the HV range issue. All Clarity's are eligible for the update you seek. Inept dealership.

Service Bulletins

You are looking for:
    18-091: Driver Display Software Update (Mileage) (this replaces 18-069)

Good luck!

ClarityDoc and KentuckyKen like this.
  4. GV Ottawa

GV Ottawa Member

Does anybody know what the Canadian version of 18-091 is?

The Canadian version of 18-069 is J-20-18 which I had applied recently, although the dealer could only find it when I showed them a photo of the bulletin that was posted on this site earlier. Thus I'm sure that unless I can point them to the specific bulletin they'll never find it on their own ...

Thanks in advance