How well does Heat & A/C working for you

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Jay123, May 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jay123

Jay123 New Member

For those current owners, how well would you say the heating and air conditioning works for you? Is it as good as ICE cars you've owned?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jayc1358

jayc1358 Member

Yes! Yesterday here it was 86 Fahrenheit and I went on a road trip of about 160 Miles. A/C on the whole time set to 70 degrees and it was very comfortable. Cabin cools down quickly and the Kids/Dog were comfortable in the back. My version does have the heat pump and it takes a couple minutes to start blowing really warm air but it does come. I will have to wait until it is really cold outside to test it for real. Coldest outside temp that I tested it was about 50 degrees.

4. smgrover

smgrover New Member

Haven't tried the heat yet, but AC works great. The impact on range varies based on outside temperature and desired cabin temperature, but the most I've seen is ~17 miles when it was 92 outside and I set it to 60 with fan on full speed to see what it would do. The Driver Only mode for climate control is a neat feature and reduces the electrical draw of the climate system. Also, the ventilated seats are fantastic. It's also nice to see the Range with Climate Off estimate and the detailed electricity use screen that shows how much each subsystem is using; my old i3 didn't have anything like that.

laughingwell likes this.
  5. Gigi

Gigi New Member

Climate control works well enough in the Texas summer heat, but takes a toll on range. To partially offset that, I had Spectra PhotoSync tint installed (SPH 70 on the windshield and SPH 30 on all other windows). It's made a substantial difference in when, how often, and at what level I have to run the AC. (The film is said to aid in heat retention in winter, but I haven't had a chance to test that, yet.)

6. reallycantdrive

reallycantdrive New Member

The AC works great in electric mode. Heating takes a while to come on when the engine gets put on.

7. To remove this ad click here.