HOV Decal

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by E-Shark, Feb 21, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

Just curious to see where on the Kona you put your HOV decal. Any ingenious ideas of not putting it on the paint?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Vanryan

Vanryan Member

I taped mine in the inside of the back window. You can still see it through the tinted glass. I hope that doesn’t result in getting pulled over but I really don’t want to stick that on the paint either.

4. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

The tinted glass seems pretty strong to fully see the decal immediately and clearly no? I haven't tried it out in the light so maybe I could be wrong. I'm just thinking on overcast or non sunny days if it would even show. Did you tape it closer to the bottom of the window or top?

5. Vanryan

Vanryan Member

The car is pretty dirty as I’ve not had a chance to clean it yet but here’s a picture on where I put it.

Attached Files:

CJC and E-Shark like this.
  6. MelCdn

MelCdn New Member

Is this a BC thing? In Ontario you can get green plates.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Vanryan

Vanryan Member

No green plates here in BC. I wish that was available seems better than a sticker.

9. Canada Dan

Canada Dan Member

The sticker stays with the vehicle when you sell it, the plates don't. Of course the new owner could just get the green plates as well if we had that option. I'm not entirely convinced of the merits of allowing single occupant electric cars access to the HOV lanes as a primary purpose of these lanes is to reduce congestion (in addition to the pollution reduction benefits). Having said that, I did put the sticker on my car. (Far left side of bumper - first time I've ever put a bumper sticker on a car I've owned).

CJC likes this.
  10. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

Yeah a few provinces have Green plates, except for us here in BC. Once we have the car we have to apply for an HOV Decal, and then wait for them to approve it and send it to us. We are supposed to stick it somewhere on the back bumper or windshield. I personally like the green plate idea, as a coloured license plate is much larger and more easily visible from a far then our current stickers. Also, you can see it from the front of the vehicle, instead of only the back. The HOV checks I've seen have the officers predominately in front, so you'd think it would make it much easier for them. You could also get your Green plates right when you insured your vehicle. I hope our province makes this change sometime soon.