HondaLink Won’t Connect

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Santos, Apr 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Santos

Santos New Member

Hi All,

I have had my clarity now for almost 2 months. In that time I have had no problems with HondaLink app connecting over Bluetooth or via USB with my iPhone X.

Now within the past few days it will not connect via either option. App on phone just stuck at connecting message. Also if I open HondaLink on my Car, just says authentication failed. Same error if phone is connected or not. Trying to recall, but I think it would still open even if phone was not connected.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Any ideas to fix?
    I removed app from phone, restarted phone, reinstalled app, deleted car within app, re-added car via vin, all same results.

The HondaLink remote commands still work, so the car is communicating to HondaLink somehow...

/Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Santos

Santos New Member

Only thing I can think of is iPhone iOS update broke it?? But shouldn’t I still be able to open HondaLink on car without it being connected?

4. Santos

Santos New Member

No one huh?

5. bobcubsfan

bobcubsfan Active Member

Sometimes an app can get corrupted. Delete it and download again.

6. bobcubsfan

bobcubsfan Active Member

Sorry, Dave missed the point that you deleted the app. Are you saying that the iPhone does not connect via CarPlay? Does the Honda app work from the iPhone?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bobcubsfan

bobcubsfan Active Member

Have you called Honda Tech Support? 888-528-7876. Open M-F 6 am to 5 pm and Saturday 7:30 am to 4 pm Pacific Time

9. Santos

Santos New Member

Figured it out. Had to do a hard reboot of the stereo console. Just when the car is on, hold the power button down then it prompts you

10. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Congrats and thanks for sharing one more fix that’s not in the manual.