Hondalink for Base Models

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by miltondweller, Jul 5, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. miltondweller

miltondweller Active Member

Is hondalink available in base models ?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

Yes, it seems that everything is the same as the Touring as far as HondaLink app goes.

4. Tdude

Tdude New Member

yes except Remote start. it doesn't seem to work for me in Base model. I know at least on the Keyfob, it is not supported even though there is a button for it.

5. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

My base model remote looks like this and it does not have a remote start button.
    [​IMG]
    versus an Accord one with the remote start button:
    [​IMG]

6. JJim

JJim Active Member

Climate remote On/Off does work on my Base Clarity via Hondalink app

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JJim

JJim Active Member

Why do you want the PHEW's ICE/engine to start that everyone does not even while the car running?

9. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

HondaLink and it’s features are the same for both models. Note that preconditioning will not work on Level 1 charging until charging is complete.

10. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Touring remote looks the same as base model remote. No remote engine start.

Maybe @Tdude is saying that remote climate is not activating for him via the key fob?

11. AaD

AaD Member

Remote climate works on our base model both via app and key fob. You have to hit the lock button and then hold down the fan button - car lights will blink and climate control comes on for 30 minutes. Oddly, it turns off as soon as you open the driver's side door, but stays on if you open any of the other doors or the trunk.

Carro con enchufe likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

Honda lists "Remote Climate Pre-Conditioning" as a touring feature. I wonder why, if in fact it's available on the base model as well. Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 10.57.11 AM.png

14. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

So that touring purchasers would think they weren't overpaying as much as they actually are for the features gained.

Carro con enchufe likes this.
  15. Tdude

Tdude New Member

so this is what my Honda sales guy told me yesterday (just bought Clarity yesterday - base model). the button on a remote/keyfob will only work with touring model. I am yet to try the climate pre-conditioning via the Hondalink app. My understanding is that Hondalink will only work if the car is park outside with satellite link.

16. Tdude

Tdude New Member

cool. will have to try it.

17. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Car doesn’t use a satellite for HondaLink. It uses a cellular connection. As long as both car and phone with app can connect to Honda’s server, HL will work. You can check your car’ connectivity by the number of bars by the antenna icon at shut down when TCU appears or on center display.
    Your salesman was about as well informed as mine (as in not at all).

chris5168, Tdude and JJim like this.
  18. AaD

AaD Member

A previous discussion in this forum on the topic saved us $3K, as this was the only feature we really cared about enough to push us to the touring. I can confirm that it works, and works well, on the base model. We use it almost daily. The only annoyance is living somewhere with spotty coverage. Our salesperson was clueless about it (and pretty much everything about the car) as well.

19. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

Thanks for posting this, it’s much faster than turning on via the app!

20. Tdude

Tdude New Member

Johnhaydev likes this.