Hit into the first software issue

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JulianClarity, May 28, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JulianClarity

JulianClarity Active Member

While I was driving to work, I touched the screen trying to run google map, the screen got dimmed immediately. I tried everything possible, no help. When I got to the parking lot, turned the car off and on, it went back to normal.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. dnb

dnb Active Member

You can long hold on the audio power button (top left) and it will prompt to restart the device. I've had google maps "freeze up" by getting stuck on the voice prompt.

4. JulianClarity

Thank you, dnb!

5. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Anyone ever got a power loss to center console message? Got one of those this weekend and had to hold the audio power button to restart (the screen actually gave me the instructions to do this, and to ignore the error unless it happens several times, then instructions to take it to the dealer). All rebooted fine, just took a couple of minutes for GPS to reacquire.

6. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Has happened to me once in a year and a half. Had to reset. One other time the screen froze and quit accepting inputs but started working again in about 30 seconds.

Our info-tainmnet head unit is barely one step above stone tablet tech and don’t even get me started on the low resolution screen.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I thought the "chill, this stuff happens to this car. Don't get excited unless it is occurring often" message was interesting.

9. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Also note that tablet has a horrible ability to ignore touches if there's anything else touching the screen, e.g. a dash cam power cable, even if it's only touching the very edge of the black corner way outside of the actual display area.

10. JulianClarity

This kind of issue is acceptable for a new model, just hope they can fix it quickly.

11. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Same stupid tablet that was in my 2016 Civic. Honda won’t fix anything. It will be in there for the life of your car with no updates. So get used to it.

Just reboot it every 3 months or so. It needs it. Treat it as though you still own an IPhone 4....it’s about the same.

thecompdude likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.