Help with Blink charging

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Dante, May 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Dante

Dante Member

Connected to the Blink station at work this morning for the first time... still connected there.

Never used it before, but my colleagues use it every day with no problems, including someone next to me today.

The charging stars, and than it stops after a minute or so. Looks like the car stops charging for some reason. I keep using the app (I have some actual work to do rather than standing in the parking lot) and try to restart charge and out of 10 tries, 2 restart the charging for a minute or so, and the other tries tell me no communication with the car - try again.

What gives? I have no idea why it's doing this - looks like the car computer is not communicating with app or something and cuts off the juice.

BTW, the app shows that car is connected to 240v, but when it goes to charging, I get stalled.

Any suggestions would be great.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Have you had all the updates installed? Particularly, the 18-097 that addresses the known charging problem of the Clarity being overly sensitive to power fluctuations?
    Many have reported that this update fixes their public charging problems.

Pegsie and 4sallypat like this.
  4. Dante

Dante Member

I purchased the car at end of November... haven't done anything since then. How would I find out? Are these dealer installed updates or I hit a few buttons and they happen while parked at home?

5. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Call your Honda service dept and give them your VIN.
    They can look up and see if your car has the updates.
    If not, you will have to make an appointment with the dealer and get the updates done.

Domenick likes this.
  6. Dante

Dante Member

ok - thank you guys

7. To remove this ad click here.