Green Plate-Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Atul Thakkar, Apr 9, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

Hello;
    as we all know this car is eligible for the green license plate in Ontario , Canada.
    To best of my knowledge , we can drive alone on HOV lane in entire Ontario HOV lane ,is it ?
    Also I heard that Ministry of Transportation will remove green plate users from HOV lane in future in year or two is it true?
    Any information in this regards will be really helpful, Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Chandos

Chandos New Member

Hi there Atul!

I am in Ottawa and I emailed the local Police Station asking this very question. They confirm that we can drive in the HOV Lane alone ONLY if there is an explicit sign indicating that green plates are allowed. In my city, there are only a few instances of that.

I hope this helps

JJ

Domenick likes this.
  4. Atul Thakkar

thanks

5. Omgswify

Omgswify Member

To quote the HOV guidelines on City of Toronto:

"Your green licence plate is a sign of your commitment to a cleaner Ontario. Starting July 1, 2016, eligible vehicles with green plates will have permanent access to High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes on 400-series highways and the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW), even if there is only one person in the car. HOV lanes are otherwise reserved for vehicles carrying two or more people. Further information can be found on the Ministry of Transportation website.

"Green Plated" vehicles or Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) are not exempt from the City of Toronto HOV lanes, these vehicles would need to meet the occupancy requirements."

So highways like 401, 404 HOV is eligible for green plate vehicles with one person. HOWEVER, within city of toronto like a normal street in downtown, those HOVs need more than one person.

EDIT: After some digging, York Region HOV lanes on regular streets also do NOT support green vehicles with only one person. As of now it seems only 400 series highways and QEW do.

Atul Thakkar likes this.
  6. Atul Thakkar

I think earlier hybrid vehicles were allowed on 400 series and that was removed correct ?
    The green plate will be very important for me because I drive on 404 and HOV land will help me a lot. After close observation I found that on 404 North , there is a sign for Green plate , so it is allowed with one person , so that is a big plus for me , which will save my commute time, Thanks.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. BertBDJ

BertBDJ Member

While I wait for my Clarity (6 months seems soooo long to wait) I drive an e-golf with green plates in the HOV's on the 404 alone all the time. All good to drive in those lanes with green plates.

Domenick likes this.
  9. Atul Thakkar

Thanks and there is very high changes that your clarity will arrive in 3 month time not 6 month.

10. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

I hope you are right. Been waiting for 2.5 months already and still no news

11. Atul Thakkar

I think you should inquire and ask right questions. I know one of my friend , he ordered on 6the feb and got his delivery already last week less than 2 month. whey Honda Canada is not following Q . Did You ordered regular or Touring model ? I heard they are giving priority to touring model

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

It's the base trim. Wondering if anyone that ordered base trim on or after late Jan receive their car yet

14. Atul Thakkar

I am in the same boat as you for base trim and I ordered on 22 March. let's see what happens ....

15. bigbug

bigbug Member

Thanks for the info. I always assumed my clarity is forgiven in the city's HOV lane. Does anyone find it absurd that HOV on 400 highways require only 2 occupies while HOV on Toronto streets require 3?

Omgswify likes this.
  16. bigbug

bigbug Member

I ordered mine on Jan 27, got the VIN on Mar 15, and it arrived at dealer lot on Mar 24 :)

This is Downtown Honda, quite satisfied with the service and discount.

17. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

That's for base trim?

18. bigbug

bigbug Member

Yes, a pearl white base.

19. hngo

hngo New Member

Ordered mine on the 22nd too. Still waiting on delivery date :(

20. Atul Thakkar

Hngo;
    we both should keep update on delivery date when we receive. Did you ordered base or touring model ?

21. hngo

hngo New Member

Ordered base in white. Will keep you posted once I hear of the delivery date.

Atul Thakkar likes this.
  22. miltondweller

miltondweller Active Member

That timeline is 2 days ahead of mine - on the order part. Can you share the serial number of your car, curious what it was.

From the research i have done so far, the latest i have seen is : JC800482

23. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

FYI, there is a JC800483 at Maple Honda, and a JC800492 at Parkway Honda. I am keeping an eye as the stock trickles in while I wait for my order to show up. I see a few new ones also arrived in Quebec Montreal/Dorval this week.

Omgswify likes this.