Getting rid of that beep when all 4 doors close but not removing the locking beep?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JCEV, Aug 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

Is there any way to remove the beep that occurs when you close all 4 doors ? I don't want to remove the locking beep though. All I can find is all or nothing .

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GV Ottawa

GV Ottawa Member

Is it a single beep or a multiple beep in very rapid succession that you are referring to?

I've not been able to figure out what causes the multiple beeps in very rapid succession as I walk around the car / away from the car as it doesn't always happen. Sometimes there is just a single beep, other times there are 3-4 beeps in rapid succession.

4. Zor

Zor Member

To me it seem the multiple beep is a key detection error or out of expected range for the fob. The car is happier when you get out, pause then walk away.

5. lorem101

lorem101 Member

My car beeps more now that I enabled the walk away auto lock, have you tried changing that setting? Is the second key kept somewhere close to the car?

6. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I believe the multiple beeps are warning you that the car has not locked due to error or a fob is in the car/trunk. I can also get this beeping when I lean over the open trunk with a fob in my pocket.
    I don’t think you can do away with the door close beep and still have walk away locking since it is the activation signal.

From the manual:
    After the auto lock function has been activated, the auto lock operation stop beeper sounds for approximately two seconds in the following cases.
    •The smart entry remote is put inside the vehicle through a window.
    •You are located too close to the vehicle.
    •The smart entry remote is put inside the trunk.
    If the warning beeper sounds, check that you are carrying the smart entry remote. Then, open/close a door and confirm the auto lock activation beeper sounds once.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GV Ottawa

GV Ottawa Member

Thanks Ken! I'll start paying attention to what causes the multiple beeps and see if it correlates with your notes.

9. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

I get beeped at a lot when I'm putting my bike rack on the trunk. I also have to leave a door ajar or else I'll set off the alarm... it's a recurring nuisance.

10. Jaketesla

Jaketesla Member

It seems like with walk-away lock enabled the car beeps once when you walk away from the door but if you walk around to the rear of the car it beeps multiple times to warn you that it's not locked because you're too close to the car.

11. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

It's too bad we can't pick and choose the beeps we want to hear . I don't even mind the multiple beeps to advise that something is wrong or the locking beep. I just don't need to be notified everytime I close the door that yes in fact 4 doors are closed successfully. I guess I'm gonna have to turn off the auto lock feature. I already turned off lane watch lol didn't like it interfering with my screen .

12. To remove this ad click here.