Future names for GM EVs?

Discussion in 'Chevrolet' started by Cypress, Mar 13, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Cypress

Cypress Active Member

PNW
    Names GM has for it’s current EVs:
    Volt
    Bolt EV

Future names?
    Bring back the Spark EV name?
    Bring back names from its Pontiac history? Solstice, Sunfire, Firebird, Star Chief, Astre, Phoenix, Sunbird.
    Names from Saturn? Vue, Aura, Ion, Outlook, Curve, Sky.
    Oldsmobile names? Starfire, Aurora,

New names? Jolt EV?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. WadeTyhon

WadeTyhon Well-Known Member

The Spark is already perfectly named and should totally come back once battery prices are low enough. I like the idea of a Jolt sports sedan. Chevrolet Charge?

Ion and Outlook would also be great names to bring back.

We need some performance EV halo cars! Bring back the 'EV1' as the 'Cadillac EV1'... a 2 seat sports car that pushes performance.

Oh I know, instead of Firebird, the Thunderbird! It is perfect! I can't believe no one has thought of it! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Oh, right...dang. Well, Ford better not screw up this opportunity to relaunch the Thunderbird as an EV. ;)

Domenick and Cypress like this.
  4. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

My suggestion for the Bolt EV, was instead the Chevy Current.

Domenick, Pushmi-Pullyu and Cypress like this.
  5. Cypress

Cypress Active Member

PNW
    Ohm
    Flow
    Atom
    Electron

6. Oh, that's a good one!

Definitely the Spark is good, and Ion is perhaps even better -- at least in the sense that ions are actually a big part of the action in EVs, whereas sparks could be cause for concern.

I like the idea of bringing some of these old names back, Starfire and Thunderbird in particular (though, lightning would probably make more sense, really). Not so keen on EV1. I don't feel it has much cache, though that might be down to my own bias -- I really don't like the looks of that thing, even if it holds a special place in the hearts of EV pioneers.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Well, let's see, we've got "Volt" and "Bolt"...

The OP already suggested Jolt, which was gonna be my tongue in cheek suggestion. But hopefully not Dolt... ;)

And seriously, "Lightning" would be a great name, especially for a sports car! ...and dang, I see Domenick already stole my thunder there!
    -

Domenick likes this.
  9. Actually, I stole your lightning. :)

10. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

;)

Thank you, thank you. We're here all week.
    -

Domenick likes this.
  11. WadeTyhon

WadeTyhon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.