Front Bumper / Rear Bumper / Interior Trim Removal

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Young J Kwak, Aug 11, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Young J Kwak

Young J Kwak Member

PDFs of Front Bumper / Rear Bumper / Interior Trim Removal

Basically, I creeped (crawling speed) into a parking barricade that I did not realize was too high, and tapped the lower front bumper on the driver's side part of the pointy protrusions of the lower bumper.
    This immediately tore 2 of the bumper tabs in the Driver side fender area, and now the bumper does not sit flush with the fender.

*Note - I was driving a 17 Honda Pilot for the past year before getting this car, so I never had to really pay close attention to the height of things -_- *

Thus, in a plan to DIY the bumper tab repair, I subscribed to the Honda service express site.

Hope this helps!

Interior Trim Removal focuses on the Door Areas and Pillars for those running wires overhead (ie Dash Cam Install)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    PluggedIn, toomie, Jed and 9 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

Thanks for sharing those trim removal PDFs!

I'm looking at tinting our windows and one provider I like says they only install by removing the door panels to gain better access to the full pane of glass but I'm concerned that they don't have experience with the Clarity and are unaware of the clip locations or any other hidden curve-balls. Would you be so kind as to post the PDF for removing the 4 door panels? Thanks!

4. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

I did the same thing but somehow I pushed the front fender near the tire back in place.

5. Thanks for the PDFs!

6. Young J Kwak

Young J Kwak Member

Hi V8power - here are the docs i found so far.

Attached Files:

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

Thanks man, you rock!!!

9. toomie

toomie Member

Thanks to Young J for the pdf's.

and V8Power, How much $ to install the tinting?

10. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

I just started looking around and found that good quality ceramic film that rejects energy better costs about C$350 in my area (Toronto)

11. Young J Kwak

Young J Kwak Member

I thought about getting the ceramic, but went with charcoal tint at 35%. They did not have to remove any panels.
    Night time visibility is not affected in any notable way (which was a big deal for me)
    Cost me $225 here in houston.

Here are the photos:

IMG_3535.JPG IMG_3536.JPG

weave and Johnhaydev like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Cash Traylor

Cash Traylor Well-Known Member

I put this product on the front window.

https://northamerica.llumar.com/automotive-film/types-of-automotive-film/clear-window-tint

It is clear, and blocks a lot of heat. There was a warning on the Clarity (and a lot of cars with the front data cameras) not to use "reflective" solar window shades on the front windows as they reflect heat onto the back of the camera assembly were it was not designed for direct radiated heat. Living in Texas I took this warning seriously but also, it is HOT, and the dash without a shade gets to barbecue temperatures (including the infotainment display). This was something I had not heard of until going to a car audio shop researching options. They sold tint as well and had a vehicle in the lot as tinted out premium as a demo. Have to admit I was impressed. It doesn't knock all the heat out, but it is way better than nothing and I have to say I am getting used to it and like it. It is not completely "tint-less" as it passes something like 98% of the light. The application however is important as if it is not done right (had to get it fixed) you get a wavy/grainy forward view. Nothing dangerous but like any bad tint job, noticeable. However after the 1 week drying period it is perfectly transparent and does block a major amount of heat, no all, but a lot.

There are a lot of brands out there and I found prices in my area were between $200-$400 for the install. Considering the size of the front window of the Clarity and the touchscreen/forward camera etc, I do not regret the upgrade. Now, I have to decide if it is worth tearing out the cheap dealer tint package they did (ugh) and replacing it with a performance Ceramic etc, or just stopping here. The look on my wife's face means I probably should stop here....

Best wishes,

Cash

LegoZ likes this.
  14. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I have the IR, heat reflecting tint on all widows including the windshield and it makes a very noticeable reduction in temperature when parked in the sun. It was well worth the cost for me to get more comfort, a little better range with less ac demand, and less chance of the dash deteriorating over the long haul.

One word of caution:
    Make sure you get a ceramic tint and not a metallic tint. The metallic tint will interfere with the GPS antenna located in the dash according to the manual.
    And of course make sure to obey your state and local laws on tinting.

Cash Traylor likes this.
  15. Cash Traylor

Ok, any chance someone (Young) has found the trim removal guides for the dash? I'm on a hunt for the ANC module, and maybe even removing the meter lens (instrument cluster clear plastic) to clean it. The instrument lens would be a warranty item as it was smudged from the factory, but something tells me I may not want them to do that, since, well - it is asking them to "clean" something.

Where are you guys finding these pdf's anyway? So very AWESOME!

Cheers,
    Cash

16. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

You can buy a subscription to Honda’s Service Express site, for $10/day or $50/month. Credit to forum member AnthonyW for being the original discoverer I believe.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

Interface is a bit odd but they have been very helpful. I am sure the dash instructions are there.

17. Cash Traylor

Found them. Hmm, not too challenging... famous last words...

18. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Saved my bacon! Thank you!

19. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

This is super helpful!
    I am in the middle of installing a rear parking sensor using an electromagnetic sensor strip mounted behind the bumper.

20. JerryZW

JerryZW New Member

Is there any difference between 2018 and 2019?

I tried for my 2019,I found some fastener locations are different.

21. maju2001

maju2001 New Member

Thank you a lot for sharing the PDFs!!