Ford goes Mobileye

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Jul 20, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Our 2014 BMW i3 has Mobileye and it reads street speed limit signs, the only thing missing from Autopilot. Promised on Elon-time, it will complete the last key requirement.

Ford chose a good product and I can see a real, running contest between Tesla and MagicEye.

Source: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...obileye-camera-based-collision-avoidance.html

DEARBORN, Mich., July 20, 2020 – Ford Motor Company and Mobileye, an Intel company, are collaborating on cutting-edge driver-assistance systems across Ford’s global product lineup.

“Providing people with extra confidence while driving is invaluable, and it’s exactly what our available Ford Co-Pilot360™ features are designed to do,” said Lisa Drake, chief operating officer, North America; vice president, Global Purchasing, Ford Motor Company. “By customizing Mobileye’s excellent software and sensing technology, Ford’s great driver-assist features will continue to evolve and provide customers with confidence on the road throughout the life of their vehicles.”
    . . .

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

Bob:

Are you checking if we are all paying attention to you ;):D:)

Your title through me for a loop. Mobileye may have a MagicEye but the company is Mobileye, which is owned by Intel

Intel wants to actually go away from Mobileye being a hardware/software/systems provider to a Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS)

On 29 October 2018, Intel, Mobileye's parent company, released plans to commercialize Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) in Israel.[18] In the press briefing, Volkswagen Group was announced as the automobile supplier, with Mobileye implementing self-driving capabilities and Israeli car distributor Champion Motors providing fleet support and operations. Intel specified a program launch in early 2019, with a timeline to commercial availability by 2022.[19] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobileye

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Sorry about the name screw-up. I will cut-and-paste "Mobileye" 100 times. <grins>

I've reported myself to the moderator begging to at least correct the title. The body, not so much. After all, a sufficiently advanced technology will appear to be magic to less sophisticated people.

Bob Wilson