Fisker Ocean electric SUV revealed and it's cheaper than a Tesla Model 3 (Arriving in 2022)

Discussion in 'General' started by interestedinEV, Jan 8, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

I thought the company was dead, now they have come up with this and are taking deposits for $250. Everything sounds great, but what was this about "If it is too good to be true....."

https://www.cnet.com/news/fisker-ocean-pricing-ces-2020-tesla-model-3/

[​IMG]

Details of Fisker's new SUV, the Ocean, have been trickling out over the past few months, ahead of the EV's official debut at CES 2020 this week. We've heard about California Mode, the Electrify America partnership and the sub-$400 lease price. But to expand upon that last point, Fisker officially revealed final pricing information for the Ocean on Sunday, and it'll undercut a number of other EVs -- including the Tesla Model 3.

The starting MSRP of the new Fisker Ocean will be $37,499. Factor in the federal tax credit, and that price drops to $29,999. The order books are open now through the Fisker mobile app or the company's website, with a requisite $250 reservation fee. The $250 initial cost applies to both the full-purchase option and the lease deal, the latter of which costs $379 per month, with $2,999 due at signing.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Fisker took a swing at starting an electric car company in 2012 and it went bankrupt, then started his current company with a flashy EV sports car presentation at CES in 2018 that didn't go anywhere. Maybe this one will take off, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

bwilson4web likes this.