Extended warranty

Discussion in 'Outlander PHEV' started by kelmac, Jul 28, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. kelmac

kelmac New Member

I've emailed about or 5 dealers and requested pricing on an 8 or 10 year 100K warranty. I've only gotten one quote so far: approximately $1,600 and $1,700 respectively.

I did see that someone on the Honda Clarity board felt like the $1,300 they paid based on advise they found there was a good deal. Since the Outlander PHEV is All Wheel Drive and has level 3 / fast charging the extra $300 or $400 doesn't seem outrageous. However, I'd love to hear if anyone has done better than $1,700 for a 10 year 100K warranty; and if so, where they bought it.

Thanks,

Catherine

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. kelmac

kelmac New Member

Update to my Opening Post: we are in the process of finalizing the purchase of two Mitsu Outlanders. I had done all of my research and comparison shopping on a $0.00 deductible, 10 year, 100K Mitsu warranty and knew what I was willing to pay, but this particular dealer doesn't sell them. They sell a Fidelity "JMA" warranty.

The MSRP on the Mitsu extended warranty is $2,500 but I've been quoted a price as low as $1,395. The finance guy at the dealership initially quoted me $2,500 on the Fidelity/JMA warranty; he quickly came down to $1,700 but stayed there. I was tempted to buy it at that price until he mentioned that it doesn't cover hybrid components.

If there is anyone from the U.S. here that is familiar with the EV/PHEV extended warranties and what they typically cover I would appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Kelmac

4. tai626

tai626 New Member

AFAIK, the hybrid components have 10 years warranty standard.
    I’ve chosen Mitsubishi because we know the quality of its vehicles. The brand recognition is comparable to Toyota/Honda outside of the USA.

Tai