Electrify America is Accelerating its rollout

Discussion in 'General' started by David Green, Aug 19, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

I noticed they are adding new locations to their under construction, and opening stations every week, 9 stations open currently, and 55 stations under construction, including 12 here in the Northwest, and I have found permit data for 8 more submitted in Washington and Oregon that are not included in that 55 currently under construction. Things are shaping up just in time for my I-Pace coming this winter.
    https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locations

Electrify America 55.png

Gabriel Teixeira and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Gabriel Teixeira

Gabriel Teixeira New Member

I noticed that a few were added since your post, but I can't find any press release of the opening for each one. Is there any tracker of new ElectrifyAmerica charging station openings?

4. This part of the Electrify America site (https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locations) not only has the operating sites listed, but also what's coming soon. Check out the right side of the page. Right now it shows 12 locations, with 52 more coming soon (with their addresses).

5. Gabriel Teixeira

This page shows just the status, but does not show opening dates for either current or future stations, that's why I asked the question. I drop by this page from time to time to check the advances, but I have no way to keep track of it so far.

Domenick likes this.
  6. dGarry48

dGarry48 Member

Great to see the progress of these new stations. Many people should consider EV's in the near future.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Gabriel Teixeira

I haven't seem any progress for the last couple weeks. Their map still says that they have only 12 open and 52 coming soon. I'm eager to see their progress, but it is frustrating like that.

9. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I prefer to use PlugShare. You can filter on the supplier which includes Electrify America. It is the user comments that tell if the station is really up and working. I have a similar problem with the ChargePoint map.

There is a ChargePoint, L2 charger downtown but in a key-card access parking garage. The ChargePoint map it doesn't mention limited access. PlugShare doesn't list it.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    BAllred likes this.
  10. Gabriel Teixeira

I just checked and they now have 14 open and 50 coming soon.

Domenick and bwilson4web like this.
  11. bwilson4web

Have you used one? If so, which one(s)?

If we see user comments in PlugShare showing successful charging, I would have more confidence.

Bob Wilson

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Gabriel Teixeira

I agree with you. They just change the color of the stations on the map and adjust the table, but no press release or any other media about the openings. It is really frustrating.

bwilson4web likes this.
  14. The key to that is really a quick extension of premium charging stations all across the country, but also to make them super easy to use. There are plenty of exciting new EV's coming to the market, e.g. Byton, Fisker, Nio etc., but Tesla has a big advantage over them, having a functional charging infrastructure in place

Domenick likes this.
  15. I'm hoping they help out the southeast US along I-95. CCS is very hard to find on the interstates between VA and FL. It's nice to see my city (Raleigh) is one of the 17 EA is targeting.

[​IMG]

Domenick likes this.
  16. David Andrew

David Andrew New Member

The list of new charging locations looks a little focused on Walmart locations. :(

17. bwilson4web

Use PlugShare.com to see which ones are actually in service and the user experience.

Bob Wilson

18. Wizard of ahs

Wizard of ahs New Member

Are EVER coming to Indiana...we desperately need stations here in southwest Indiana.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Inside EVs mobile app

19. bwilson4web

What type of chargers?
    • J1772 - maximum charge rate built into car
    • Fast DC charger - connector CCS or CHAdeMO
    Bob Wilson

20. Wizard of ahs

Wizard of ahs New Member

J1772 and CCS

Sent from my SM-G930V using Inside EVs mobile app

21. bwilson4web

I found a NEMA 14-50 about 20 miles from Evansville using PlugShare.com. Does that help?

What type and range of EV do you have and what city?

Bob Wilson

22. Gabriel Teixeira

I checked today and their website says they have 19 open. Working or not, I don't know.

23. bwilson4web

Use PlugShare to see if anyone got a charge.

Bob Wilson