Electric vs gas miles

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by WantEV, Oct 27, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. WantEV

WantEV Member

i searched all over but can’t find how to display electric vs gas miles on my clarity. Some folks in the forum report their breakdown. How? This is so frustrating as a former volt driver.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I agree. The Clarity displays are lacking as compared to the Volt. I don't reset the Trip A odometer. Then under the Info in the Home Menu, you can select Trip Computer, then select History of Trip A. This shows total miles and MPG for Trip A. If the MPG is 199, then that just means that the calculated MPG is 199 with no cost for electricity. Since the gasoline MPG for the car is 45-50, that means that you are running at least 75% electric. Not a ton of help unless the number is less than 199, then you can get a pretty accurate guess about electric/gas. If for example it shows 90-100 mpg, then you are running pretty much 50% electric and 50% gas. Since I know I run more like 85-90% electric, I have to keep up with gas purchases. The car started with a full tank of gas. I've bought 4 gallons and stapled the receipt to a page of paper on which I wrote the date and amount of gasoline purchased. I plan to just keep up with all the gasoline I buy like this. The tank is half full now, so in total for 2400 miles, I've burned about 7.5 gallons of gas. So I'd estimate my gasoline miles at 7.5x50mpg or 375 miles and electric at 2025 miles.

4. WantEV

WantEV Member

Thanks! I guess that will at least keep my brain sharp :)

5. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

I have also found that some of the little quirks that are annoying require me to be creative and work around them. I am learning to adjust to the car and now seem to be more at ease.

6. SkipperT

SkipperT Member

If you press the "i" button on the LH side of the steering wheel, it will allow you to change which bit of data populates the center of the I.Cluster. Pressing L or R on the LH pad controller will select which you want to view, and one of the data displays will show EV range, HV range, and Total range.

You can also bring this up on the center display by watching the Energy info graphic showing where the power is going to/coming from... range will display in the middle of that graphic.

-Skip

7. To remove this ad click here.