Duosida Level 2 16A Charger - Works great w/Clarity, Charges @ 11+ Miles Per Hour!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Linkmodo, Dec 30, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Linkmodo

Linkmodo Member

Happy to report that a super cheap Duosida (or Zencar or whatever it's called with a white handle and similar converter box design) Level 2 16A Portable Charger I bought https://amzn.to/2GJnp7l works great with my Honda Clarity, and shortened my charging time from a painful 12 hours to less than 4 hours at work!

Screenshot included... Began charging at 7:20am, Done before lunchtime at 11:33am Charged 45 miles, so average miles per hour of charging is appox 11.25

So far no problems, only happy face when I get to my car after work. Not sure about the warranty based on reviews, but if purchasing using a credit card with warranty protection, should always be able to get something back if it does break down...

I'm also getting the new 32A Duosida charger based on the speed of 16A, will report back when I test it a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

neal adkins likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. BobS

BobS Active Member

I have the same charger. The only issue I have with it is that my wife has a little difficulty getting it unpluged. The plug fits into the car pretty tight.

Omgswify likes this.
  4. Linkmodo

Linkmodo Member

Agree, I think it's because of the additional rubber seal they put in the charger (the orange colored thing) making it difficult to put on and off. Most plugs I use at public charging stations seems to be just as hard to put on and off my Clarity, only the included level 1 charger doesn't require much force to put on/off.

[​IMG]

5. lordsutch

lordsutch Member

FYI I reviewed the 32 amp Duosida at Amazon at this link. There's another seller that has them for the same price (after coupon).

6. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Dabbing a little dielectric grease down in there with a Q-tip can help. It’s avaisble at auto parts stores and most Wally Worlds.

Linkmodo likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Linkmodo

Linkmodo Member

Thanks for the review, I dig the adjustable amp feature of the new 32A charger, I actually bought this same one, an open box unit on eBay for less than $280... But I had to return the unit because they shipped me a 16A model instead of the actual 32A model...

I'm quite happy with the Duosida 16A model I bought... It charges my battery full before lunch time everyday when I'm at work, my Level 1 OEM charger can't even do do a full charge if I get to work with less than 15 mile juice left. So honestly I haven't really see a real need for a 32A charger for work and glad I didn't go through with the purchase.

9. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

We had this same charger with 10-30P Dryer Plug for a few months before upgrading to a 32-amp charger. It was working great for us. We would totally recommended it for someone who doesn't want to spend $$$ on a new 240v outlet installation. 4 hours for a full charge from empty should work for most people.