Driving in traffic

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Akinto, Oct 1, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Akinto

Akinto Member

I LOVE ACC when I’m on the highway. I like less it when I’m in town in traffic. About 60-70% of the time when I’m the first car at the traffic light,it accelerates the car to within a distance of the car ahead that’s simply unsafe. It doesn’t know that there is a limited distance best traversed at a slow speed and doesn’t recognize the car ahead.

Is there something I can change to help make it more able to slowly approach cars stopped ahead?

This seldom is a problem when the car ahead is moving.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Have you tried adjusting the follow distance?

Akinto likes this.
  4. Phunny

Phunny Member

I gave up on the automatic functionality in town and instead turn it on and off when I get into traffic.

ACC only uses the car immediately ahead neglecting all of the other useful information we humans can process in traffic.

Akinto likes this.
  5. Akinto

Akinto Member

Were I to increase the following distance, aggressive drivers would cut in. I’d like it to increase the distance it begins to perceive, not the distance it prefers I follow.

But perhaps I misunderstood how the adjustment works.

6. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

There’s a video where a Clarity owner had ACC on and crashed into a car stopped ahead. I think it’s unwise to expect the ACC to see a stopped car soon enough to stop in time, unless you’re just going 25 mph.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ab13

ab13 Active Member

There have been posts saying sport more is more responsive. Something to try

Akinto likes this.
  9. Akinto

Akinto Member

I can try that.

10. Akinto

Akinto Member

It’s the worst when I’m stopped at a light and the car ahead is stopped at the next light. The ACC accelerates aggressively and doesn’t show the opaque white icon of the car ahead. So I brake.

It’s not that I’m going fast. It seems fine in fast traffic.

11. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

You are right it does not work well in all conditions. I have used it in this way, I use the regain paddle when coming up on a stopped car at at light. When I do I hear a beep and it goes out of cruise control. When I want it to resume the cruse I push resume button. Works great.

MPower likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.