Does your infotainment/maps etc switch to Night mode automatically?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Duxa, Apr 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Duxa

Duxa Member

Ive gone through every option many times, but when I start the car my infotainment always goes to daytime mode, which is blinding at night. I have to manually tap the sun/moon button to switch it to night mode, which works fine.

But my previous accord did this switch automatically. Does Clarity not do this automatically? There is no "auto" option, I only see "Day/Night/Off" options.

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Mine does and I think it came like that by default. It's a 2018. Which year is yours?

4. Duxa

Duxa Member

Do you have an "auto" setting? Or know which option sets this?

5. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Honestly I don't know. Somewhere on the display or lightning setting. I notice that the display goes darker when I go into a tunnel and lights turn on, or at sunset. I have my lights in "AUTO" mode. Checking the manual as we speak to find out.

6. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

It uses the same sensor that causes the headlights to come on. When parked in my garage, it is always in "night" mode. It takes several seconds to brighten to "day" mode when I back out, so I have to manually press the button so I can still see the backup camera or I have to just stop in the driveway for a few seconds and wait for it to change. I've never had it "stuck", it's just whatever the ambient light is when you start it. Maybe check the stalk for the headlights and make sure they're also on auto?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Duxa

Duxa Member

Headlights are always Auto, and work fine. Same experience with headlights on in the garage but off when I pull out.

So, when you guys start up the car and the infotainment is in night mode, when you tap the sun/moon button, does it actually say its in "moon mode" ?

What about your GPS maps, are those in night mode?

9. IIRC (I may not be as I haven't driven in week) If you hit that "moon" button a few times it cycles between day mode, night mode, and auto. It uses the same sensor as the headlights.

Also, the dimmer on the left of the steering wheel will dim/brighten night and day setting separately, IIRC

10. Duxa

Duxa Member

Mine cycles though day/night/off... there is no Auto (if i remember right my Accord had auto). As far as dimmer to the left of the steering wheel, Ill double check but I think its just for the instrument cluster, I dont think it affects the infotainment brightness.

EDIT: OMG MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!

The controls on the left of the steering wheel, if you get to the one before last bar will play a chime. This tells you that you sorta reached the end. if you go 1 higher to max it out, it overwrites any kind of dimming. So as soon as I knocked it down 1 notch everything automatically dimmed, the infotainment Map went into dark mode, sun/moon/off button brings up moon etc....

Here is picture for demonstration of the scale - https://imgur.com/a/6n5dOTs

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Cash Traylor likes this.
  11. Paddy

Paddy Member

This is the best discovery so far. Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. RockmanNeo

RockmanNeo New Member

Won't work with mine (2019)